First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What is the nature of your complaint?

Do you feel it is a valid one?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They have contacted me and say I have a claim.

What a surprise.
    Is it worth continuing with this or is it a waste of time?

If you throw enough mud at 1000 cases then chances are one or two of those cases will have a failing and result in redress. The other 998 will get nowhere but the CMC will have earned money from being able to package the cases and sell on. Either to mugs funding via crowdfunding or a solicitor who hasn't got their fingers burnt yet.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As of yesterday they should now be regulated by the FCA.

I suspect that won’t stop them wasting everyone’s time.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Paul541565
    Options
    So what is the verdict with these guys?

I have been in contact with them and they have said they will work on a no win no fee basis so surely that would mean something has been mis-sold by the bank, no?

If it is as easy as contacting the bank, what would I need to ask or say to them and what would I be asking to claim back from them.

Thanks

Paul
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Paul541565 wrote: »

I have been in contact with them and they have said they will work on a no win no fee basis so surely that would mean something has been mis-sold by the bank, no?

If it is as easy as contacting the bank, what would I need to ask or say to them and what would I be asking to claim back from them.

Thanks

Paul

Have you been mis sold? Just because PPI claim companies exist for example, doesn't mean you particularly have been mis sold
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

You're correct. The answer is indeed 'no'.

It just means they're building the suckers list.

The fees - such as insurance- are likely to come in later.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,762 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options

Thanks

Paul
    Sounds plausible, but you know when you start getting irate at those cold calls begging them to stop and to take you off their phone lists, I would hazard a guess that this is the type of place it comes from.

Does it not concern you that an untrained monkey in a call centre is telling you (and anyone else who will listen) they can get you thousands of pounds on a no win no fee basis and they will be palming you off on to someone else once you agree? At the same time, you have absolutely no idea why or even if you were miss sold other than this call centre rep asking you questions where the only answer is yes.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure