Mortgage.Claims

Options

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No follow up from the op yet?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    No follow up from the op yet?

were you expecting one?
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • dunstonh
    Options
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    were you expecting one?

not if they have already employed a claims company to look into it ;)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    not if they have already employed a claims company to look into it ;)

More chance then of pigs flying then
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • dunstonh
    Options
    ho hum... All quiet on the response front by the OP
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Still nothing from the OP.

However, to keep others from making the same mistake, here is a thread of someone else that has been caught by a dodgy CMC on missold mortgages

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73260371#post73260371

And guess what, it followed the method described earlier in this thread.
  • MargaretBrazear
    MargaretBrazear Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 14 January 2019 at 10:43AM
    Options
    I mean why would anyone be embarrassed to admit it? Certainly they have never asked me for a penny upfront and even if they had I would a) be unable to pay it and b) unwilling and too sensible to pay it.

I first contacted them somewhere about March last year (2018) after which they contacted my mortgage company (I am no longer with them) and got all the details of my mortgage. Then they sent round a man with a form for me to sign (which I read carefully). The following week he came again to sign another form (which I also read carefully).

Now they are in touch with the mortgage broker. It has taken almost a year but I have had regular updates from the solicitor dealing with the case. I was told they never pursue any claim for less than £30,000.

It is a very slow process and I may not get anything. Yes, I could do it myself; I could do the housework myself if I didn't have better things to do, but either way they have done a lot of work (unless they are sending me letters with no substance to their claims) for which they will get nothing if they don't win.

At no time has anyone asked me for a penny and they will certainly not get anything as I have nothing. I now rent my house so no chance of putting a charge on it.

I would never pay money upfront for anything like this and I think it's a bit of a liberty when people who know nothing about it put their oar in. I have been quite happy with the service so far, and I am still prepared for a zero result.

I would add that the basis is not that it was interest only with no repayment vehicle, but that it was interest only that didn't end until after my retirement date.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    either way they have done a lot of work (unless they are sending me letters with no substance to their claims)

You figured it out!
  • dunstonh
    Options
    I would add that the basis is not that it was interest only with no repayment vehicle, but that it was interest only that didn't end until after my retirement date.

And does the closure letter issued by the broker have a warning that it ends after your retirement date? (not that it really matters that much as interest only balances do not change. So, whether it is a year before, the very day or a year after, the balance is still the same).
  • KD27
    KD27 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    They have contacted me and say I have a claim.
    They have now sent forms to fill out.
    Is it worth continuing with this or is it a waste of time?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure