Halifax cant find my account details

I had a mortgage and loan with Halifax which I am trying to find out if I had PPI on but I got the same standard letter saying that they cant find my account details with my name, date of birth and address (I haven't changed address) - how long do they have to keep records for or is this just a stalling technique they use to avoid you writing back to them?

Comments

• They keep them in accordance with the DPA.

It's not a stalling tactic. Feel free to write back to them if you want. What will you say in your letter?
  • Here's what I originally posted on your duplicate thread posted less than an hour before this one:
    Hev2007 wrote: »
    I got the same standard letter saying that they cant find my account details with my name, date of birth and address
    Such letters are standard so that they all contain the correct information and wording.
    how long do they have to keep records
    The general regulatory guidance is six years after closure, but it can be longer if the Bank deems it necessary.
    is this just a stalling technique they use to avoid you writing back to them?
    If you refuse to believe that they no longer have records, you should send a Subject Access Request (SAR) letter which will return all information they have kept on file for you. Note that this will cost £10 and will in all probability just confirm what they have already told you.

If no records have been kept you'll never know whether you had PPI and, of course, you can forget making any complaint about it.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5720187
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport