IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Lidl parking fine

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    And when Athena turn down the 'appeal' obviously you'll be complaining to Lidl again and insisting they cancel it this time. Like the recent post in 'Successful complaints about PPCs' (the very first link in the NEWBIES thread), it's all a stupid merry-go-round and Lidl are mucking you about.

I would be telling Lidl you DO NOT 'allow' Athena to handle the appeal because you have discovered NO cases where they have ever cancelled one without being told to do so, by Lidl. None in the public domain have been found otherwise.

Say you want Lidl to cancel it - NOW - and email the CEO himself.

You know the CEO's email addy already, we assume, because you'll have seen it when you read the recent posts in 'Successful Complaints about PPCs', or found it easily when reading the hundreds of other Lidl threads here by searching for that one word.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • kjrann
    kjrann Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks - it was the CEOs email I used but the reply came back from a customer services email. Do I wait for a reply from Athena or email Lidl back asking them to request Athena cancel the invoice? Although I don't have the receipt and paid cash, I can list on my hand the items I purchased so should be able to prove I shopped in store - I couldn't have physically gone anywhere else for 11 mins parking.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Lidl can run off a duplicate receipt if you give them the approx time of purchase and a list of items.

Keep on at Lidl. Athena won’t budge as for them to uphold a motorist’s appeal is just not in their DNA (or any other parking company’s DNA for that matter!).
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • kjrann
    kjrann Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've replied to Lidl asking them to contact Athena to cancel my invoice. In the meantime I have today had a reply from Athena asking for proof of purchase in store and stating is wa my responsibility to check parking signs re the recent change of process. Had the signs been more obvious I might have noticed :-) I had asked Lidl in my email reply to check their till receipts as I can remember the items I purchased (only 5 items).
    Shall I wait for a Lidl reply first or reply asking for a copy of the receipt so I can reply to Athena? It was a cash purchase so sadly I have no bank statements and the receipt long recycled!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    kjrann wrote: »
    I've replied to Lidl asking them to contact Athena to cancel my invoice. In the meantime I have today had a reply from Athena asking for proof of purchase in store and stating is wa my responsibility to check parking signs re the recent change of process. Had the signs been more obvious I might have noticed :-) I had asked Lidl in my email reply to check their till receipts as I can remember the items I purchased (only 5 items).
    Shall I wait for a Lidl reply first or reply asking for a copy of the receipt so I can reply to Athena? It was a cash purchase so sadly I have no bank statements and the receipt long recycled!

Athena want proof of purchase, wait for Lidl to provide that.

In the meantime, nothing can happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport