Accidental damage to content question

Options
Having a very active 2yo I am considering to add an acidental cove to content to my insurance when the renewal date comes.

I am however confused as to whether it would cover if my child was to brake something delibiretely eg has thrown something in to TV etc?

Also I understand that this sor of cover is normally coming under the Additional accidental cover section so I was wondering if it comes and i pay for it addtionaly like for a home emergency cover for example if claiming on it would not be classed as a claim as such and there would be no excess payable and it would not effect no claims benefit?

Comments

• rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A claim under accidental damage cover is a claim on the policy with an excess to pay.
  • Mishomeister
    Options
    Isnt the additional accidential damage cover is.a different thing from a standard accidential cover.
  • tempus_fugit
    Options
    It would still be classed as a claim with an excess to pay, as rs65 says.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • Blibble
    Blibble Posts: 503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It's an extra peril tagged on to your standard cover, with its own excess and exclusions.

Damage such as a child throwing something at the TV would generally be covered.
  • paddyandstumpy
    Options
    Blibble wrote: »
    It's an extra peril tagged on to your standard cover, with its own excess and exclusions.

I read that really fast in passing and read it as throwing a child at the TV :rotfl:
  • Mishomeister
    Mishomeister Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Blibble wrote: »

Witht it's being an extra cover, would the claim under it also not being classed as an insurance claim as it would be the case with the mome emergency and legal cover addons?
  • paddyandstumpy
    Options
    You've asked this more than once, anc been given the same answer, more than once.

It's an upgrade to cover, not an add on like legal cover.

Any claim made under A/D is subject to excess, declarable to future insurer for the disclosable period and will effect any NCD.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure