Have your say on electric vehicles - developing the market and infrastructure

UKParliamentUKParliament Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
749 Posts
Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
✭✭
The Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee are holding an inquiry into electric vehicles, the challenges they represent for the energy infrastructure and the actions needed to support the development of this market.

This is an opportunity for you to share your thoughts and experiences to inform the inquiry.

The Committee would like to find out:
  • How will increased uptake of electric vehicles, to meet the Government's 2040 target to end the sale of new diesel and petrol cars, affect the electricity grid? What action is needed to manage impacts, and to make the most of opportunities afforded by vehicle-to-grid technologies?
  • How do charging infrastructure requirements differ for alternative types of vehicle, journey, and user (including fleets)?
  • How should new infrastructure for electric vehicles and associated grid reinforcements be sustainably funded?

Rachel Reeves MP, Chair of the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee, said:
"Ensuring the UK is a flourishing market for electric vehicles is important both for the future of our automotive industry and in UK efforts to decarbonise and build a successful low-carbon economy.

Our inquiry will examine the barriers to the development of the electric car market, look at how it can be better supported, and explore the huge challenges which the electricity grid faces in meeting this additional demand. We also want to investigate concerns that there is a 'postcode lottery' in charging infrastructure with considerable variation in the availability of charge points across the country, which must inevitably discourage people from buying electric cars."

If you don’t want to share your thoughts on the forum you can contribute through the Committee’s website.

Comments posted on this forum thread before 3 November will be shared with the Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee.
Official Organisation Representative
I’m the official organisation rep for the House of Commons. I do not work for or represent the government. I am politically impartial and cannot comment on government policy. Find out more in DOT's Mission Statement.

MSE has given permission for me to post letting you know about relevant and useful info. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. If you believe I've broken the Forum Rules please report it to [email protected]. This does NOT imply any form of approval of my organisation by MSE
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides