Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

edited 18 November 2017 at 10:49AM in Debt Free Diaries
13.9K replies 793.3K views

Replies

• jwiljwil Forumite
    12.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news about the holiday :)  It's good that you'll see your sister and glad that you had a nice day out x
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    12.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teafor2 said:
    Evening HHD :) I bet your school hope you don't get head-hunted. There might not be a position for you just yet but I'm sure they'd be disappointed if you left them. 

Your trip to the NT sounds lovely. It's good to get out and do something 'normal' again isn't it, even if it is a new type of normal. xx
    Thanks TF2 :). Sadly I'm sure I won't get head hunted although it would be lovely to have a full time job

milann said:
    Your holiday sounds lovely- what a nice surprise for you all. 
    I’m hoping to book a trip to our local NT when I have the gks for a week in August. The thought of booking in advance puts me off as I hate being tied to a time slot but if that’s what it takes atm I suppose I’ll have to look into it.....or maybe just take them to a local park. It’s all weather dependent too and it’s been rubbish weather here - not raining but not sunny either.
    Thanks Milann :). I love planning things in advance so I'm prepared so the new system suits me quite well. It felt very safe at the NT and not crowded at all so we really enjoyed it.
    jwil said:
    Great news about the holiday :)  It's good that you'll see your sister and glad that you had a nice day out x
    Thanks Jwil :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £1,500/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £50/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £300. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300
  • Sun_AddictSun_Addict Forumite
    9.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you've had a busy week. I'm so pleased that DH is enjoying the garden.  I think the weather is awful everywhere today but it's forecast very nice indeed after tomorrow so you'll be able to get outside in the sunshine.
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2020 £551.78
    Emergency Fund £4850/£10,000
    September NSD:
  • There are many people not really adhering to the rules unfortunately. 

I am hoping to be free if credit card debt bt the end of the year after also having debt since l was 18! 🙂
    Old username Taadaa, seems l went over the virtual rainbow bridge.
    Credit card free April 2020 £3000 August 2020 £290 ONE !!!!!!' payment baby!!!! 
    MFW by Dec 2026 *keeping the fingers crossed*