»

Quick response please-would you eat sausages 2 days out of date?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Quick response please-would you eat sausages 2 days out of date?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
50 replies 204K views
PeakmaPeakma Forumite
728 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
Hi all,I'm cooking these already,so quick advice please! I bought tescos finest chipolatas on friday,planned to eat tonight,as toad in the whole(so they will get fried first then oven cooked).Just got them from fridge and they were sell by saturday use by sunday,today is Tuesday.

I've just put them onto fry,I think they smell fine,but I'm wondering if we should eat them or not.For the sake of wasting loads of quality sausages,is it worth running the risk of poisoning the family and making all sick! Or will they be fine??
Another question whilst I'm here,just found a forgotten broccoli,its just turning green to yellow,is it now useless or would it be o.k in a soup?I hate wasting food!

threadbanner.gif

Replies