Options

Comments

• picket_fence
    Options
    I'm following this with interest. Thanks for sharing
  • PKaurK
    PKaurK Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your comments, it's really encouraging to know people are following this thread.

I'm not sure what but something happened last Sunday that caused my blog views to balloon to more double what they used to be! This is really exciting that people are actually reading my blog, and motivates me to work on it even more.

I've not had too much time to work on my side hustles in the last couple weeks due to family commitments.
  • PKaurK
    Options
    It may be this that caused the spike?

I have basic analytics on Wordpress and I receive very few views through MSE. I don't think that's it.
  • droopsnoot
    droopsnoot Posts: 1,760 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have basic analytics on Wordpress and I receive very few views through MSE. I don't think that's it.

But as the site URL in your profile isn't a clickable link, would it show up? Users have to copy and paste it in their browser address bar.
  • PKaurK
    Options
    droopsnoot wrote: »
    But as the site URL in your profile isn't a clickable link, would it show up? Users have to copy and paste it in their browser address bar.

That's odd. I must have a clickable URL link somewhere on my profile because I the stats show referrals from 'forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...'
  • immuno
    immuno Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know anything about joining a network, such as Gleam or James Grant? There seems to be very limited information out there. It's also not clear whether you need to be a Youtuber or can be a blogger..
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's odd. I must have a clickable URL link somewhere on my profile because I the stats show referrals from 'forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...'

If you click on your name to the left, a menu comes up and there is an option to visit your home page. People will be clicking through from there.
  • PKaurK
    Options
    Blog views have slowly been coming down again this week, with the odd very good day. I don't why, the views seem to be a bit random.

One of my posts this week was less factual and more about opinions and seems to have created a little more conversation in the comments than my other posts do, so maybe I should do more posts like this one.

My other post was about ow to create a budget with a basic downloadable budget planner (I intend to redo it when I get time). The idea is to overtime create different planning sheets (e.g. financial goals plan or savings plan) that can be inserted into a filofax. I can then sell these either as a pack or individually. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Do you think it's a good idea. In case you're not sure what I'm referring to if you search filofax inserts on Etsy you'll see lots of examples.

Not done much matched betting this week, generally had a lot of things going on and more overtime at work. But I have managed to get a week ahead on my blog posts which means I can spend the day tomorrow uploading t-shirt designs to CafePress and generally figuring out how the site works.
  • Startup1985
    Options
    Well inspired by Mysidehustles thread I though I would start my own diary of sorts. I have had a few blogs in the past following my hobbies but none have hit the big time as such, one is very high up in its niche but it is a really tiny niche so it's pretty irrelevant tbh.
    My new blog/website is about matched betting and in writing up guides and also there is a dairy to show people my daily profits etc. I only started it 4 weeks and 3 days ago but have managed to secure a few bookie affiliate accounts which I'm monetising with as Adsense and gambling is a no no.
    Within the last week or so I have managed to get into the top 20 results in the serps for matched betting blog and result 3 for the keywords of a certain matched betting guide. I have done a ton of reading up about seo and white hat and erm... a little bit of grey hat.
    I will keep updating this diary as things proceed :beer:
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would be very careful though. Your site already has a high spam rating and could be penalised by Google.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure