Unlimited Rail Travel with Johnston Press (Northern Rail Only)

Options
fredandwilma
fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
edited 19 September 2017 at 6:18PM in Public transport & cycling
It's back although this time you need to collect 3 tokens. Still a bargain. The printable forms haven't been updated, either.

https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/jpress

£10 for one day or £17.50 for a weekend.

Hop on and off all day long. Kids go half price*

To qualify for this special offer, simply collect 3 tokens from your local newspaper, printed until Friday 13 October 2017, complete the correct on-line form, download the form and buy your tickets from any staffed ticket office.

You can travel anywhere on the Northern network using Northern services. Hop on and off all day long. Visit Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Southport, Sheffield, York and more with Northern.

3 tokens allow you to buy up to 4 Northern only Day Ranger tickets or Weekend Rover tickets which must all be used on the same day or weekend (depending on the ticket chosen). Travel is available between Monday 25 September - Sunday 26 November 2017 (excluding 21 October - 5 November 2017 inclusive).

https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/newspaper-offer/341-participating-papers-johnston-press

Before deciding on your travel dates, please check for any planned engineering works that may affect your journey.

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 19 Sep: To get this offer, you need to collect three tokens from local Johnston Press-published newspapers in Yorkshire, the North West and North East of England. The dates the tokens will be printed vary depending on the paper, with Fri 13 Oct being the final day. See participating Johnston Press newspapers and token dates.

Three tokens allows you to buy up to four Northern £10 ‘Day Ranger’ tickets or up to four £17.50 ‘Weekend Rover’ tickets, which must all be used on the same day or weekend. Child tickets are half-price.

Unlimited travel is valid anywhere on the Northern rail network using Northern train services only from Mon 25 Sep until Sun 26 Nov, excluding Sat 21 Oct to Sun 5 Nov and train services that depart before 8.45am Mon-Fri.

You’ll need to attach three tokens to a completed one day or weekend application form (Northern hasn’t updated the forms on its site so don’t print them just yet) and take the form to a staffed railway station. Tickets with this offer can’t be bought online or on the train.

Tickets normally cost between £19.50 and £41.90, so you can make a big saving.

Big thanks to fredandwilma for the spot!
[purplesignup][/purplesignup]
Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem

Comments

• DigForVictory
    Options
    Yippee! Played smartly, we can take mother in law on a spree with this & best of all she gets the Brighouse Echo Anyway! Many thanks fredandwilma!
  • fredandwilma
    Options
    Yippee! Played smartly, we can take mother in law on a spree with this & best of all she gets the Brighouse Echo Anyway! Many thanks fredandwilma!

It's still a fantastic offer.

Have fun. :)

Carpe diem
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Great spot fredandwilma!
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • tboo
    tboo Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    On their web page

Strike action announced for 3 and 5 October Strike action is planned for Tuesday 3 and Thursday 5 October. We will do our best to keep you on the move. However, we will be operating a reduced service and expect all services to be busy. Customers are advised to give themselves more time to travel

Destinations
    So I think I shall go to Machester or Liverpool - thanks OP
    “You’re only here for a short visit.
    Don’t hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
    Walter Hagen

365 Day 1p Challenge for 2021 #41 ✅
    Jar £440.31/£667.95 and Bank £389.67/£667.95

• Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    Does the station have to be run by Northern or will the company that does run it sell the tickets if merely served by Northern's trains?
  • fredandwilma
    Options
    Does the station have to be run by Northern or will the company that does run it sell the tickets if merely served by Northern's trains?

Any staffed station which is served by Northern Rail, i.e. a Nottingham to Leeds service

I see you are in Nottinghamshire?

Northern Rail Stops at the major rail hubs of Manchester, Liverpool, York, Blackpool and Leeds as well as farther-reaching services to stations in Staffordshire, Cheshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Durham and Cumberland, Northern Rail connects the major towns and cities of the north, including rail connections to Carlisle, Chester, Grimsby, Nottingham, Stoke-on-Trent and Sunderland.

Industrial action has been ongoing for some time with Northern Rail, so it's worth checking before you make your plans. They had industrial action on the last weekend of the offer last time, making the weekend more or less redundant, (depending on where you were travelling).

Carpe diem
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 September 2017 at 5:48PM
    Options
    I see you are in Nottinghamshire?

Northern Rail Stops at the major rail hubs of Manchester, Liverpool, York, Blackpool and Leeds as well as farther-reaching services to stations in Staffordshire, Cheshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Durham and Cumberland
    It also serves many Derbyshire stations on 4 different lines including my nearest, Alfreton. Nearest paper is the Worksop Guardian, though.

0db1c-northern1.png
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport