Tire pressure (motorbike) safe?

Options
124»

Comments

• just_trying
    Options
    Don't chance a motorbike tyre that would be stupid.

I take it you don't know how to remove the wheel and take it to a garage, that would be the easiest option. Then book it in for mot.

I am guessing your riding a 125 or a 50 (due to cbt). For a rear you'll probably be about £60 and front slightly less for branded tyres, though you've not said what bike it is.
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 September 2017 at 8:31AM
    Options
    You said proper bike maintenance comes with the qualification of which allows you to ride bikes bigger than 125cc.

You're in control of a vehicle which is capable of 60 mph, and you think only owners of big bikes have the qualification. Okay the majority of bikers do, do there own maintenance if there not capable then feel free to put it to somewhere.

Report my post if you want your comment was silly, it was a valid point.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
  • stuartJo1989
    stuartJo1989 Posts: 461 Forumite
    edited 17 September 2017 at 8:30AM
    Options
    Maybe you should write a strongly worded letter to whoever accredits the CBT test and/or petition the government to change the legislation for learner motorcyclists.

The motorcyclists on the road are the kids who have stolen my motorbike twice before (locked on my drive), once to rag around the park and the other time to get home after a night out. On both occasions they very kindly left it in the park for the police to pick up and charge me £150 to release it, plus the repair costs.

Or the motorcyclists are those who speed past at 1am doing about 50mph on a 20mph residential road. Some also have no helmet, or no padding!

It is capable of that, but I do not travel on roads which warrant going over 30mph and nor do I break the speed limit.

Well I say that but I once nipped into Stratford and ended up on the A1 which was effectively part of the M1. I had lorries overtaking me on that part of the road :D

I'm a person who has access to a car but uses a 125 to commute to work and occasionally my partner's house because its a cheaper. That's all. I carry out checks which are probably above and beyond what 90% of vehicle owners do, and that's fine by me.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 September 2017 at 8:31AM
    Options
    He has changed tyres and other parts, told us and his dad has helped keen to learn.

Next year he'll go up, hopefully to a bigger bike at 19 according to him, though does drive a car now.
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    Motorcyclists who 'don't care' about their bikes beyond dropping it off for an MOT once a year often end up injured or worse.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure