IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

£100 MET parking charge services , do they follow up on there threat or one to ignore

Options
I have just come home to a car parking fine by a company called " MET parking services" basically I stayed longer than 4 hours at my gym , which I pay a monthly fee to use !!!

Yes there are signs in the card park etc , but should I be worried , I will speak to the manager of the gym in the next few days.
But is MET parking services , one to just ignore their letters demanding money for the fine or should I be a bit more worried and pay it ?
I over stayed by 68 minutes , which considering I am a member of the gym is a bit of shame to be charged £100 !!
!!!!! Lifes wonderful !!!!!

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    deffo complain to the gym to get it cancelled

and DO NOT IGNORE , DO NOT INDICATE WHO WAS DRIVING EITHER

please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread at the top if this forum and follow the advice in it
  • justwondering25
    Options
    Is refusing to name the driver a loop hole ?
  • Redx
    Options
    it may well be , depending if the parking fools followed POFA2012 (or especially if they failed to follow POFA2012)

its a 5 year old law now, so read up on it

and alter post #1 too

no "ME , MYSELF or I"

THE DRIVER may have overstayed etc

as keeper, at the moment you are dealing with the aftermath

The PPC has NO IDEA who was driving , so keep it that way (or do you think they dont read this forum ?)
  • justwondering25
    Options
    I shall do , I must admit it has been a long day , made even longer by coming home to a letter demanding £100.00 .

I shall speak with the gym tomorrow and fingers crossed they can have it removed , If not I shall use the templates as shown in the newbie thread.

I had a quick read of the 1st one , looks good :)

I presume if I appeal the decision at no point can they raise their demands to a higher value ? If so I guess there is no harm in trying to prolong it for as long as possible.

!!!!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,743 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I presume if I appeal the decision at no point can they raise their demands to a higher value ? If so I guess there is no harm in trying to prolong it for as long as possible.

!!!!

Of course they'll raise their demands, but as you are not intending to pay anything it doesn't matter whether they demand £50 or £50,000, does it?
  • justwondering25
    Options
    I do not intend to pay, but also if there charge is enforceable and they send in the debt collectors the sum does matter.

How can they raise the amount during the appeal process?
  • KeithP
    Options
    ...if there charge is enforceable ...
    That's the key bit.

How can they raise the amount during the appeal process?
    If they were a legitimate, honest, law-abiding business then they wouldn't do that, but...
  • justwondering25
    Options
    Is there any posts that show if MET parking are toothless tigers, stating they do not tend to following through with there threats.
  • KeithP
    Options
    Is there any posts that show if MET parking are toothless tigers, stating they do not tend to following through with there threats.
    Yes, the aforementioned Newbies thread.

In post#3 it says:
    Firstly, most PPCs never sue anyone.

You can check for yourself by Googling 'BMPA Insight' and the name of any parking firm...court numbers and advice tailored to each company. You can see how likely it is, or not. We get people worried about small fry firms who wouldn't know court process if it hit them in the face! So check them out as per the BMPA Insight pages.
  • Redx
    Options
    check the BMPA zendesk to see what they do about small claims court

no "debt collectors" are going to come to your house, that is a false assumption by you. no debt collectors or bailiffs can come to your house UNLESS they have a court order to wave under your nose

this is nowhere near court , plus if you lost in court the judgment could be up to say £175 and you should pay that promptly, certainly within 28 days so no CCJ is issued and so no bailiffs can "come around"

seems to me you have skim read the NEWBIES sticky thread and ignored most of the advice and words, please read it again, over and over until you understand the situation
    check your facts , at the moment you seem to have watched too many DCBL programmes on tv, but even they have court orders, usually when escalated to the high court because the amount exceeds £600 - yours cannot rise to more than a couple of hundred, and you may win and cost them money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure