We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Top marks to Morphy Richards customer service

Options
My slow cooker recently went a bit kaput on me, the thermostat was getting a bit dodgy and the knob on the lid broke so I called to see what they could do as it was still under warranty. When I called initially they said that they would send out replacement parts of a new thermostat and a new knob for the lid of the slow cooker.

I got a phone call this afternoon from a lady at Morphy Richards telling me that because the slow cooker that I have (the stainless steel 6.5 litre one with manual switch on it) is now discontinued they are unable to get the parts for me so they would send me out a new slow cooker the same as the old one but with a digital display on it.

http://www.tesco.com/electrical/Product.aspx?R=7325859 (old one) and the

replacement http://www.lxdirect.com/rf/navigation/product.do?Mis_item_id=15&product=151305328&D=151305328&Ntt=151305328&Dx=mode+matchall&Ntk=group_search&Mis_item_loc_id=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Np=1&N=0&Nu=this_product&Nty=1&thisprod=151305328&SNtt=PJ221&SNu=pca_id
“Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde

Comments

• Ticklemouse
    Options
    Thay are great, aren't they?

Last weekend, the handle on the lid of my 6.5L slow cooker broke, whilst Mr TM was drying it. It's less than 12 months old, but I've no idea where the receipt is - although I do know I still have it. I rang Morphy Richards, (on a normal number, using 18866) and explained my predicament. "No problem", said nice CS lady, "we'll send you a new lid as we don't replace just the handles. Should be with you within the week". So, should have it in a couple of days now.

I've heard of MR good customer service and can confirm they are great. Hats off to a company that treats it's customers well - it makes a refreshing change :)
  • tattooed_lady
    Options
    They are good. When my kettle stopped boiling they told me to descale it, which I did and then when that didn't work they sent me a brand new one! Really pleased as I thought they would send me a box to return the old one!
    Mortgage-free wannabe!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family