IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

where are Indigo's terms and conditions?

Options
13»

Comments

• park_ranger
    park_ranger Posts: 15 Forumite
    edited 28 October 2017 at 3:46PM
    Options
    Yep, a few more instances of 'dispute' in that. Thanks KeithP.
    I was intending quoting some of it in my email
  • park_ranger
    Options
    Just a quick update.
    It's now over a month since I ignored the appeal rejection letter and more than two months since the alleged breach code. I've heard nothing more from Indigo and the registered keeper has not yet had a Notice to Keeper, so they are out of time with that as well as a means of obtaining driver details. I guess it's now just a matter of waiting another four months with my paper recycling bin handy for any debt recovery letters from official sounding companies.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    File but ignpore debt recovery
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    parking Co,s have 6 mths to get info from the DVLA , obviously they will struggle with any POFa rubbish if late or over 56 days

debt collection companies can do as they wish , however after a recent situation with TNC , the dvla stated that they were going to amend the situation to reflect PPCs , ie: 6 mths
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • park_ranger
    park_ranger Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to all who helped with this. I think the saga is now over.
    I got a letter from a company purporting to be a debt collection agency which tried to appear very threatening and increased what I had to pay still further (much to my amusement). I ignored that and then got a second letter from them which was more pleading than threatening and said if I don't pay them then they will advise their client to start court proceedings (also ignored). It's now been several months since that and I've heard nothing more and we are also now way past the 6 months the train company has.

In a way I am a little disappointed as I was looking forward to seeing their letter before court action document and tearing it apart on several points, not least of which being the fact that no period of time has ever been given during which they claim they car was contravening a bylaw. Every document simply referred to a single point in time when the ticket was recorded. Still I guess it's all over now and I have been denied further fun... Thanks for all the good advice.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Still I guess it's all over now and I have been denied further fun...
    But you might find them flip-flopping between byelaws and contract law. Not saying that you will get something further, but they (the PPC) have 6 years to press a civil case, so there's an outside possibility that you may not be denied 'further fun'.

Any scent of wonga (albeit more faint than the usual parking charge) could see them have another dab at this. Do come back if they do ...... it could then be quite interesting.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If they are still sending debt collector threats beyond the 6 month limitation for penalties under byelaws to be pursued in Magistrates Court, you should involve the Information Commissioner (but word it well, they are pretty clueless and assume wrongly that 'keeper liability' applies to all private parking cases).

As soon as Indigo or ZZPS or QDR demand money from a keeper or driver after the 6 months has passed to 'lay the case before Magistrates', then the demand is (from that date) unlawful, misleading in terms of liability, and the whole case then breaches the DPA, the KADOE, the BPA CoP and the Consumer Rights Act in one fell swoop.

Ask in a formal complaint to the DVLA and copied to the BPA (emails are in post #5 of the NEWBIES thread) why the DVLA are letting Indigo get data then turning a blind eye to them using that data outside the six months?

Tell the DVLA and BPA that you require a thorough answer and proper investigation because you will then be taking the matter to the Information Commissioner.

Then do exactly that:

A formal complaint online (easy to follow on the ICO website) about a DPA breach by Indigo an their agents, with the DVLA knowingly allowing this state of affairs to continue since 2017. And ask the ICO to consider the wider picture of all cases affected, including people misled by ZZPS, into paying Indigo when the limitation for laying a byelaws penalty before Magistrates is only six months.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure