IF credit card!

Hi I wonder if anyone else out there has an IF credit card that apparently can't be found on an Equifax credit check? I have had th car for a number of years (last activity 2008) but according to my credit report it doesn't exist. Anyone else had the same or similar issue?

Comments

• RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Old credit cards and bank accounts often do not show on credit reports. This is because the bank or finance house does not have the customer's permission to share their data for old accounts. More recently opened accounts will have permission in the newer terms and conditions.

Not sure of the precise date this changed and it may vary from bank to bank. I have heard that accounts over twenty years old will not be reported unless they have had a default.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 27 September 2017 at 5:14AM
    Perhaps IF don't report to Equifax. Have you checked your files with the other CRA's to see if it is reported to them?
    If the last activity on the account was in 2008, are you sure the account is still open? Do you actually still hols a valid card?
    RG2015 wrote: »
    I have heard that accounts over twenty years old will not be reported unless they have had a default.
    This is often stated but contradicted by my own experiences. I currently have 2 active credit card accounts 20+ years old and a current account 30+ years old. All 3 accounts are correctly reported to both Experian and Equifax. No default has ever occurred on these accounts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure