Options
2»

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sprinkly wrote: »
    Thank you for your reassuring replies I feel much more confident about it and to the forum police who replied I am entitled to ask what ever question I like on these boards so if you can't give a sensitive answer don't bother answering at all thanks in advance...

You've had the right replies already, despite posting in what is clearly the wrong place, but with this sort of attitude I rather hope that you won't be getting any more.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As a general rule, if a moving object hits a stationary object its not the stationary object thats at fault. So I don't see how he could possibly disclaim liability for it.

I'm another who thinks he wasn't paying attention/was probably using his phone. Even if the car had suddenly veered to one side, if his hands had actually been on the wheel it wouldn't have been able to veer (given wheels/steering are connected so one turns, the other does too).
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    The "forum police", as you so rudely called them, are right in that your question better belongs on the motoring board - because that is where you will get more helpful replies as that is where members who have most knowledge on the subject generally post. Its common sense, not insensitive.

As a regular reader of the motoring board, I'm not so sure of that.

It's much more likely that the poster will:-
    1. Be accused of being a troll.
    2. Be told it was their fault for parking there in the first place.
    3. Be told that they have absolutely no chance of getting an insurance pay-out.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure