Please help me understand

Options
2»

Comments

• dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dual Fuel energy from a single supplier doesn't give you the best prices.
    Try the comparision sites and enter "Elec only", then do the same useing "Gas only"
    I always use 3 compare sites, but one of those is always 'switchwithwhich'
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BROKEN wrote: »
    Try looking into the Iresa Limited for your gas and electric, take your meter readings from the first one and the latest reading and take one from the other this will tell you how much G&E you have used in the last 12 months, Look at their Fixed for 12 months tariff and you will probably save. Ive gone from £960 to £680 for this year coming year . hope this helps

Before you do, have a look at the Iresa feedback thread on this site; Trustpilot and Iresa Facebook reviews.
  • Clairabella
    Options
    It's complicated. I thought that the Cheaper Energy Club was supposed to make it easy to understand. I have been with Ovo before and really liked them, I only left because they became quite a bit more expensive. The contract I'm in at the moment lasts until May. I'll do a bit more research before I take the plunge. Thanks again everyone.
  • Clairabella
    Options
    uswitch.com will show your price comparison based on your ‘present plan’ or your price comparison based on your ‘projected plan’;…(assuming uswitch has your present tariff listed of course!)

Each Energy plan listed has a ‘What Will I Pay?’ option; …clicking this option then allows you to choose “Compare cost to my current projection”…or…”Compare cost to my current plan”.

It’s a very comprehensive and easy to use/understand feature.

Thank you Big Bamboo, I finally managed to do this. I was a bit worried about Raxiels spreadsheet results but both Cheaper Energy Club and USwitch predict Ovo will save me money so I've taken the plunge and applied to change.

Once again thanks to everyone who's tried to explain to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure