Options
2»

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    spiro wrote: »
    Given that under CMA finding that E10 etc customer should be able to go on a single rate tariff with no change of meter I expect all suppliers should now cope with this.
    But they do not have to, E7 is specifically excluded. Some of the new tariffs available to complex meter users seem to be along the lines of "complex single rate", a separate tariff from the standard single rate. NPower will move you to
    NPower Select, a brand within the NPower group.
    so not a simple case off adding the numbers it seems.
  • Liz_Saving
    Options
    Hello, hope your switch was successful. For anyone else reading this thread, I checked with the energy supplier Bulb that they would be able to use the combined meter reading before agreeing to switch to them. They said they would be able to take a combined reading, but then apologised for misinforming me when I started the switching process. You have to be careful with smaller suppliers.
  • FestiveJoy
    Options
    Liz_Saving wrote: »
    Hello, hope your switch was successful. For anyone else reading this thread, I checked with the energy supplier Bulb that they would be able to use the combined meter reading before agreeing to switch to them. They said they would be able to take a combined reading, but then apologised for misinforming me when I started the switching process. You have to be careful with smaller suppliers.

Lovely.

I'd been worrying about this for 15 months
    (Mind you, I think it was within the last 15 months that the supplier you mentioned changed their policy/process too ;))

:xmastree::xmastree::xmastree::xmassign:
  • cestnickell
    Options
    I just got caught out by this exact issue. I've just moved to a flat which obviously used to have storage heaters so is on an Economy 7 meter and tariff, but now has electric radiators so almost all our power consumption (over 90%) is day time. It's a real problem as our bills are currently over £10 a day. The previous owner was with EDF, so EDF have put us on an Economy-7 tariff.
    I've been trying to get EDF to change my tariff but haven't had any response.
    I went to switch to Bulb and they offered me a quote for single-rate. I was just checking with them that I would be able to get a smart meter and switch back to Economy-7 in future when I get storage heaters installed. Nope! Found out that even though they quoted me a single-rate tariff, they were going to put me on an Economy-7 tariff with no option to switch to single-rate. And they also wouldn't install a smart-meter.
    I've cancelled the switch, but can't say I'm very impressed, especially as a c.£300 bill looms!
    At least I've got the whole of Spring/Summer ahead to try and get storage heaters in for next year (if I'm not spending everything just keeping the place habitable before then)
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Forget Bulb, they aren't cheap and they've decided to be unhelpful by refusing to allow a single rate tariff if you have an E7 meter.
    However, there's no need to change your E7 meter: many suppliers will happily bill you at single rate.  Just guesstimate your annual consumption and bung it into the Citizens Advice and 'Which? Switch. comparison sites.
    Neon Reef might be a good choice and they will definitely play ball.
  • nottsphil
    nottsphil Posts: 440 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 15 March 2021 at 5:49PM
    Options
     a c.£300 bill looms!

Middle of December to today at
    'over £10 a day' is going to be nearly a grand.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback