PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Any tips on being successful in getting a house to rent?

Options
13»

Comments

• n1guy
    n1guy Posts: 685 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seems we’ll not have to worry. This house is also gone, while giving us time to decide he gave it to someone else. Really not impressed with that and totally lost as to what to do now.

We have a string of viewings coming for our house this week, it’s moving really fast and we’ve nothing sorted. We can’t get anything. I just noticed today a local estate agent put up on facebook looking properties to rent as he has totally ran out. It’s turning into a nightmare this.
  • n1guy
    n1guy Posts: 685 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought I would post on my own thread rather than hijack another persons but basically it was said estate agents can let you know what's about to be listed let me give you my experience.

I took the advice and phoned this morning. The estate agent who also happens to be the guy selling our house said he had one going up today, didn't do us any favours, it went up a hour ago and has already 15 replies and shares on Facebook.

Our only saving grace is our references, they are all perfect but no agent wants them at the filtering out stage which is what would get us through. I mean on paper who would want a manual worker and a shop assistant over say a teacher or young professional couple? But dig a bit deeper you'd see the young professionals have no references and haven't rented before where as me and the mrs have 20 years renting behind us and perfect references from all our rentals but they don't want that.

Any help folks?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport