Royal Mail international tracked & signed

Options
I sent a parcel to France with Royal Mail tracked and signed on 1/9 and the buyer has contacted me saying it hasn't arrived. Checked and it arrived in France on 4/9 but nothing since then. The buyer says he will wait until Saturday but then wants a refund (£100)

I have been on hold with Royal Mail for 10 minutes then on the dot of 6 got a message to say that the offices are closed :mad:

royal Mail say they won't class an item as missing until after 20 working days so I assume I'll have to refund in full and then hope it arrives and that the buyer offers to repay if it does.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D

Comments

• ballisticbrian
    Options
    I would get them to open a case on Saturday and then that will give you 7 days hopefully to see it track to delivery.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    did you track it on the French site?
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    did you track it on the French site?

No, the last info Royal Mail has that it arrived in ROISSY CTCI IMP RAP on 4/9 and is being processed for delivery

How do I track it on the French Mail system please ?
  • custardy
    Options
    No, the last info Royal Mail has that it arrived in ROISSY CTCI IMP RAP on 4/9 and is being processed for delivery

How do I track it on the French Mail system please ?

https://www.laposte.fr/particulier

big yellow box mid page (I use Chrome so auto translated for me)
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a similar problem for an item sent this way to Germany. Tracking on the German site showed it was actually at their local post office awaiting collection.
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    Traced it to his local office and told him it was there. A short while later he confirmed receipt

Thanks everyone for your help.
  • ailey
    ailey Posts: 3,184 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    https://www.laposte.fr/particulier

big yellow box mid page (I use Chrome so auto translated for me)

Thanks from me also, custardy, as I wasn't aware that we could track within other countries. Bookmarked and it might come in handy at some point. :T
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
  • elliemeg
    Options
    im having the same problems, ive paid extra for fully tracking uk and france and signed for important documents, it arrived on sat at ROISSY CTCI IMP RAP and all its saying is waiting process and the same on the french site. im worried now this has gone missing , i needed this to get there within a week i was told at post office around 3 days up to 5 max , do they not track on the french side despite paying for it then ?
  • custardy
    Options
    elliemeg wrote: »
    im having the same problems, ive paid extra for fully tracking uk and france and signed for important documents, it arrived on sat at ROISSY CTCI IMP RAP and all its saying is waiting process and the same on the french site. im worried now this has gone missing , i needed this to get there within a week i was told at post office around 3 days up to 5 max , do they not track on the french side despite paying for it then ?

If the tracking shows that,then its reliant on the French postal service supplying tracking data to RM.
    Have you tracked it on the French site?
  • elliemeg
    Options
    yes ive tried tracking on the la poste site from the link off ROISSY CTCI IMP RAP and this is all it says copied and pasted from the site , i find it odd its not moved anywhere since sat. its important documents its been sent letter post signed and tracked international, all its saying is being processed 5 days

Arriv!e en France
    ROISSY HUB BSCC PIC
    (93)
    D!tails de l'acheminementle 10/02/2018 D!part bureau d'!change pays d'exp!dition GRANDE BRETAGNE (GB). le 09/02/2018 D!pôt/collecte pays d'origine GRANDE BRETAGNE (GB).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure