🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Dehumidifier or tumble dryer

Options
2»

Comments

• JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    Cisco001 wrote: »
    1. Do you have space for tumble dryer?
    Dehumidifier model: Amcor SD12
    Tumble dryer model: Hotpoint TVM570

The models were given because i don't know what figures anyone would need to calculate costs. I'm crap with electrics.
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    benjus wrote: »
    I use a dehumidifier (desiccating type rather than compressor) combined with a ceiling-suspended drying rack and it works brilliantly. OK, it's not as fast as a dryer - it takes a couple of hours to dry a load of light clothes, longer for towels and suchlike. But as it's essentially the same as line drying it's gentle on the clothes, doesn't crease them and can be used with delicate fabrics.

The comments above about dehumidifiers cooling the room and making a racket were probably talking about compressor models. Desiccating dehumidifiers actually make the room slightly warmer and don't make much noise. They are also better suited to the British climate than compressor models. Mine is an Ecoair DD122 MK5.
    The model i have gives off cool air however the model my mother has does give off warm air.

And of course whenever possible we actually use the line in the back garden to dry our clothes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport