PPI not with bank

Does anyone have any advise how I put a claim re PPI but not with a bank? I contacted the bank we had our mortgage with and they said the PPI was with our financial adviser, but we don't have his details any longer and I am not sure which company he used. Any advise?? Thank you,

Comments

• If you don't have his details, you won't be able to send him your complaint.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,910
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I contacted the bank we had our mortgage with and they said the PPI was with our financial adviser, but we don't have his details any longer and I am not sure which company he used. Any advise?

In which case, you probably dont have a case to answer.

most adviser arranged PPI is standalone monthly premium PPI. That is how PPi should have been set up. Most of that is MPPI, which is a type of PPI still retailed today and considered important and sees most complaints rejected. The PPI issue is not considered to be an adviser failing. The numbers of complaints against advisers is miniscule (and most of those rejected.

and finally, advisers were not regulated for insurance before 14 Jan 2005. So, if yours were before that date, you cant complain.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Just to add one obvious thing here - if you were paying monthly then a direct debit would show on your bank statements.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure