Anyone care to decide what they think of this investment fund?

Options
13»

Comments

• Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Alexland wrote: »
    All looks very expensive and I struggle to understand why people tie up their investments with high street banks when there are such superior and simpler options with Vanguard who will do platform and VLS fund for 0.37pc total.

I wouldn't invest too much time trying to determine which bad high street choice is better or least worse.
    One of the High Street banks actually has an investment platform that can be cheaper than Vanguard's, since it is flat-fee, and zero % flat-fee at that.
    It's not Nationwide Building Society though.
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • IanSt
    IanSt Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    Eco_Miser wrote: »
    One of the High Street banks actually has an investment platform that can be cheaper than Vanguard's, since it is flat-fee, and zero % flat-fee at that.
    It's not Nationwide Building Society though.

Which one is it then? I wonder if they make it up by offering a poor/expensive list of funds or expensive trading?
  • grey_gym_sock
    Options
    IanSt wrote: »
    Which one is it then? I wonder if they make it up by offering a poor/expensive list of funds or expensive trading?

i guess that refers to halifax share dealing (a.k.a. iweb), which is owned by lloyds banking group.

however, i very much doubt that, if you walk into a lloyds branch, and ask about investments, they'll even mention that cheap platform.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    IanSt wrote: »

Nope, it's arguably the cheapest platform available for moderate to large portfolios.

There's a few complaints about a lack of some funds, trading isn't as cheap as some but no more expensive than most, so a good option for many with a high five to six figure portfolio who don't trade too often.
  • dividendhero
    Options
    Goverment bonds are good long term investments

Presumably you're talking about UK Govt bonds?

I wouldn't put a penny of my money in them. They're overpriced via the BoE's QE program and the Govt debts are so high the only way out of it is for Govt to inflate it's way out of trouble
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure