combination microwave ?

Options
Hi
I am considering buying a combination microwave, possibly a panasonic NNa774. I wondered if any one had any views on combination micros if the were worth the extra money, easy to operate etc. All input appreciated! Thanks :-*

Comments

• moneysaver
    moneysaver Posts: 825 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We have the Panasonic Nna753W model, it is fantastic they do a great Pizza & at a fraction of the time, it does not come out all gooey like in a normal micro. Also baked potatoes are great (crispy skin). Easy to work after a few weeks if you read instructions right.

It is the best thing we have purchased in a while. We very rarely use our normal oven now. We use it for everything too many to name.

Moneysaver ;);)
  • vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    See my post in Grab it While You Can - Index 1/2 price kitchen elecricals.

Got a Swan 900 £120 for £62.99

Check on their https://www.index.co.uk in 50% off section, in case anything else you fancy!!

VB
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They are really good. Somethings arn't that great just microwaved but stick a bit of heat on as well and you've got the best of both worlds. They heat up really quick and are cheeper to run than your main oven. When I had one I only used my big oven on Sundays.
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • RedOnRed
    RedOnRed Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've had a Panasonic microwave/grill/oven combination for the past few years and it's great. You can cook a whole chicken in under 30 minutes and it comes out all nice and crispy too.
  • gary38uk
    gary38uk Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yes they are good.as above posts have noted.

we have a daewoo koc-873tsl. but i would not recommend it. as the first one had a fault with the oven, which could not be repaired, as daewoo knew about this fault in some units, but had no cure for it?

after returning it to comet and having to try another out in the shop much to the staff disapproval as i did not want one with same fault (oven would cut out above a certain temperature) we got a replacement. (Wanted the same model as it was on offer.)

but this one, the fan sometimes stops? (only done it about 3 times in 6 months) 3rd time last night, so will have to call em out.
  • laurac
    laurac Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi
    Thank you everyone for your help :-*. Thanks to your replies I am definately going for a combination microwave now all I have to decide is which one? ::)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure