twitter shadowban

Options

Comments

• TickTwo
    TickTwo Posts: 3,926 Forumite
    edited 1 October 2017 at 1:44PM
    Options
    Yes this time round they have left my tweets live, but usually they don't until I'm unbanned again. My new account I have not tweeted half as much at all because there's no point in me tweeting anything really

I've checked my raff tweet url's & almost always when I'm SB'd they are not live links until I'm un SB'd. So if a raff/gleam finishes & the winner chosen as you, you won't win because your tweets aren't live the blogger thinks you have made up teh tweet.

Just have to hope twitter alters their spam filter again or 5 minuet rule

Marge you are lucky :)
    It's TicketyBoo To Be TickTwo!
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yeah, I am SB-ed again, but as Toni says, I think it's the lesser one as my tweets show fine on the second test from the OP's link.

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • TickTwo
    Options
    just tried sneaking a few comps in seeing as the tweets are showing pushed my luck with one twitter entry of a gleam. Will be interesting to see if carrying on extends the part ban or not.
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My ban has been lifted again. I found a useful article about how to avoid this happening on Super Lucky Me/Di Coke's site:

https://superlucky.me/have-you-been-shadowbanned/

One thing she mentions is not to use generic hashtags. Instead only use hashtags that are specific to each particular competition. I have been overusing those hashtags a lot, so that might explain at least one aspect why I have been banned. She gives other useful tips too.

If you see this, thanks Di.

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • TickTwo
    Options
    Thanks Blulu will have a look see :)
  • chickaroonee
    chickaroonee Posts: 14,678 Forumite
    Options
    I seem to be OK at the minute (no doubt will be banned again tomorrow after saying this). I have been entering through gleam and RC, but not loads and loads. It seems to be much worse after you are released from the ban - one gleam and you're back in! After a couple of weeks now though, things seem better and I'm able to enter a few more. Who knows if it will last...

too many comps..not enough time!
  • BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The shadowbanned checker is obviously useless! I checked my username and it told me I am shadowbanned but when I click to see if my tweets are hidden they are not (so maybe I am not?) I also checked a friends username and it said she is shadowbanned but her tweets aren't showing (so I assumed she is shadowbanned) Anyway she used the checker using her username and my username and she gets the opposite results to me - her account seems not to be banned as her tweets are showing but I ppear to be shadowbanned because my tweets don't show! Doh! So the checker obviously doesn't work!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • Abominus
    Abominus Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So i'm still having issues with my Twitter account. On the face of it everything is fine, Shadowban tester says i'm fine, my tweets show up when i log out and search my handle. But i'm getting basically no notifications. I've tested this by retweeting and leaving a comment on comps i know always give me a like/and or reply and .... nothing. Zilch, zip, nada. So i'm assuming companies are not getting notifications when i retweet and comment. My question is, if this is the case would my entry still be counted? I really don't want to waste my time if it's not.

Hopefully things will go back to normal soon, it's been weird for a week now.
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think you are fine, I've seen your entries into my comp come through ok, I think twitter is very quiet at the moment, if you can see your comments under private browsing then you are fine.

Mines been quiet for the last week or so, but I have tweeted companies regarding xmas presies and had responses.

Tweet me if you want to check to see if I see it.

x
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just responded to your entry x
    #JusticeForGrenfell
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories