twitter shadowban

Options

Comments

• Makeandsave
    Options
    They never replied to my message, But i am out of prison now.
    Jan Wins: .
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I thought twitter jail was different to shadowbanning. I thought twitter jail was if you reached a limit of 100 tweets in an hour.
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can do a percentage of the daily quota they allow in a set 2/3 hr time frame, the daily quota is approx 1400, though what the hourly quota is who knows, twitter jail lasts until the 2/3hr time frame has moved on to the next 2/3 hr time frame.

So as I've often had jail for just 10 or so mins as i'm close to the end of that time frame, then on the odd occasions i've been jailed near on 3hrs.

The start and end of time frames seem to change quite often.

hth
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • Marg2k8
    Options
    According to this page the maximum number of tweets per day is 2400, broken down into half hourly chunks.

Although it seems that you can do a lot less than that before you get shadowbanned.
  • lynwestie
    Options
    Apologies Marg. The jail was just my name for the shadow ban, not realising there was such an actual thing.

I must say I'm fed up with whatever is going on but won't be defeated.
  • Marg2k8
    Options
    lynwestie wrote: »
    Apologies Marg. The jail was just my name for the shadow ban, not realising there was such an actual thing.

I must say I'm fed up with whatever is going on but won't be defeated.

No worries. I'm fed up with it too.
  • chickaroonee
    chickaroonee Posts: 14,678 Forumite
    Options
    It's irritating, isn't it! Must be annoying companies too as they're missing out on loads of RTs and comp entries, which is essentially free advertising!

I am not banned today but who knows what tomorrow may bring!

too many comps..not enough time!
  • princessmoneysaver
    Options
    Never heard of this before but noticed my twitter wins have slowed down this week compared to the last few weeks, happy to do some interacting if anyone wants to PM me twitter names
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • Abominus
    Options
    So i seem to have managed to get myself shadowbanned today. Noticed i wasn't getting the usual volume of notifications and then i discovered why. Do i just wait it out? How long does it usually last?

It's a minefield out there.
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Me too :(

Blu X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!