IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Civil Enforcement- Popla code refusal- Help

Options
2»

Comments

• Mothership405
    Options
    I received a reply back, here it is!

Thank you for your further email.

Having sought advice on the legislation you have quoted, it’s not for the BPA to determine whether the law has been broken or not. This would be a matter for the courts. However to assist you, I have asked the operator to confirm whether the appeal was received and upon receipt of a response we will be in touch.

As per our own internal process, I’ve escalated your correspondence to our Operations Manager

Yours sincerely

I'm sure CEL will say yes we received the appeal letter but chose to ignore it!! They seem to have missed the point that I sent the appeal in time and have proof but CEL did not reply therefore they are in breach of the code of practice.

I will continue to forward my complaint to CCRT, Steve Clark & David Dunford
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Oh dear, another rubbish response.
    Having sought advice on the legislation you have quoted, it’s not for the BPA to determine whether the law has been broken or not.
    No one is accusing anyone of 'breaking the law'.
    However to assist you, I have asked the operator to confirm whether the appeal was received and upon receipt of a response we will be in touch.
    Whether CEL confirm or not, the appeal has been received. That's what the law says - unless they can prove otherwise.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport