Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've done my meal plan and shopping list. I have to venture to a different Aldi today as my local one is being refurbished. Not had good experiences at this one in the past (lack of staff and stock) but I'll give it a try.

DH made over generous amounts of porage this morning. I think he always does. He uses a measure that came free years ago with Scott's or Quaker but it's obviously not designed by SW! Like last week, I've allowed plenty of syns for it. I'm keeping a running total of every syn that passes my lips.:)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS Ribena, HEB porage, HEA milk
    L: not sure yet probably finish up some ham, cottage cheese JP and pickles
    D: HM pork burger, SW chips, fried onions, tomato, mushrooms. something green and Speed (broccoli? mange tout?).
    Syns: syrup 2, xtra porage 6, gin tbc:D
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well done MissTeach, Beanielou and Whiplashy on your losses. Hugs to Maman and Bubbs for joining me with gains this week.

I wish I didn't have periods any more. Mine are hideous, even with drugs to control them, but I think I am starting towards the menopause, and it can't come soon enough. Today's transfusion was needed mainly because of it. Blood coming out quicker than it went in though :(

Today is another off plan day. Just not feeling up to it, as period is just making me feel even worse than I have been feeling :(
    Zebras rock
  • Whiplashy
    Whiplashy Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    Day started off well, but I think holiday mode is kicking in a little early :rotfl: Went to the gym and there was an open day on. Didn't finish my workout as there was queues for equipment. Got about three quarters of it in though. As part of the open day there was free Subway. I may have over indulged a little :p

I was starving on the way home so stopped at the shop to get a pack of chicken to snack on. Somehow I came out with a bag full of sweets :rotfl: Now they're bought you can be sure I'll scoff them before the evening is over. I have zero willpower.
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afernoon all :D
    Whiplashy where are you going? have a nice time , we go away tomorrow too x
    Been thiking of Merlin and wiz hope they are both ok and wiz feeling better?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy holidays bubbs & whiplasy :)
    I have not been away fpr two years.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    Options
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    Day started off well, but I think holiday mode is kicking in a little early :rotfl: Went to the gym and there was an open day on. Didn't finish my workout as there was queues for equipment. Got about three quarters of it in though. As part of the open day there was free Subway. I may have over indulged a little :p

I was starving on the way home so stopped at the shop to get a pack of chicken to snack on. Somehow I came out with a bag full of sweets :rotfl: Now they're bought you can be sure I'll scoff them before the evening is over. I have zero willpower.

Shame they weren't giving free Subway salads!:( If it's not too late why don't you put the sweets away in your suitcase and have them on your journey?:)

Sorry you're feeling so rough kathrynha. Hope the transfusion helps a bit. When do you see consultant next?:)

You could plan a holiday and a target together beanie. That would be something to look forward to.:)

'New' Aldi wasn't so bad. They've upped the staff by drafting in some of the ones from my local. Fortunately had the Super6 beetroot in stock so I bought 10!:D

I've put wiz's recipe lentil soup in the SC so that'll help me ring the changes for lunches.:)
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Little Ms Whiplash, congratulations on your loss, enjoy your holidays xxxx
    maman wrote: »
    Syns: syrup 2, xtra porage 6 gin tbc:D

I knew that this little one would sneak in somewhere... enjoy x
    kathrynha wrote: »
    I wish I didn't have periods any more. Mine are hideous, even with drugs to control them, but I think I am starting towards the menopause, and it can't come soon enough. Today's transfusion was needed mainly because of it. Blood coming out quicker than it went in though :(

Today is another off plan day. Just not feeling up to it, as period is just making me feel even worse than I have been feeling :(

This probably should not have made me laugh out loud ..... but it did!!
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Shame they weren't giving free Subway salads!:( If it's not too late why don't you put the sweets away in your suitcase and have them on your journey?:)

Now that is like you sitting with a glass of gin in your hand and not being allowed to drink it!

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • maman
    Options
    I knew that this little one would sneak in somewhere... enjoy x

6 syns so far and counting!!:D

Now that is like you sitting with a glass of gin in your hand and not being allowed to drink it!

I suppose you're right if you put it like that:o. It's just that a bag of sweets wouldn't interest me. Although that being said, I saw the cherry liqueurs in Aldi today and I love those. They'll be tempting me every week until Christmas and the ginger wine but at 60 syns a bottle it'll be staying there!:eek:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Maman~~ I bought six beetroot the other day :grin:
    Love beetroot :drool:
    Sadly I cannot afford a holiday.
    I am ok with that though.
    It is what it is.
    I am currently saving for a mobility scooter.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling so rough kathrynha. Hope the transfusion helps a bit. When do you see consultant next?:)

Not due to see consultant till next month, but got a clinic appointment in 2 weeks.
    This probably should not have made me laugh out loud ..... but it did!!
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Believe me really not funny. Trying to convince the nurse that I NEEDED to go to the toilet multiple times during the transfusion. She said to me that she wasn't surprised I needed so much blood.

No way could Maman resist gin :rotfl:
    Zebras rock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills