What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 4 September

Options

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    Options
    Guys just checking in after work and reading all the posts I came over with a warm feeling of affection for you all :A

princess I third that that is obscene! I agree with ally to shop around and even more with FVD about looking at teaching schools. Or better still use some of the money for therapy and learn to love yourself as you are, I have no doubt you are beautiful and as Tracey Cox once wrote "if you are the only naked woman in the room, he's going to want you"! :rotfl:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 September 2017 at 6:50PM
    Options
    Evening all :)
    I agree with others re the dental treatment. If you do decide to think about it Princess, at least get a second opinion / quotation from another practice. The dentist should not be pushy with regard to recommending expensive cosmetic work :( I was quite self conscious about my teeth not being straight when I was younger, but to be honest now I am older I am quite proud that they are clean, mostly still there and my own :rotfl:

Busy day today, did a shop first thing, as OH was waiting for a friend to call in. Went to Mr S today, spent just over £38, but got extra stuff that I only buy quite rarely like dishwasher tablets and fabric conditioner. Also got a reduced biggish chicken. Used a 5 x Nectar points coupon :)

Then decided to give our old camper van a run out, went to a local country park and had a picnic. Decided not to go in to the attraction, as it cost £10 each, the weather didn't look great and OH hadn't brought along his waterproof. We will go another time when OH is properly equipped - he would have wanted to come out immediately had it started to rain, and that would have been £20 wasted :eek: We took all food from home, and made our own coffee :)

Squished more caterpillars on my poor kale plants :( They are under netting now, but these will be the result of eggs laid before they were covered up.

Picked rest of quinces, they look pretty on cake stands and glass tazzas in the dining room at the moment, but I will cook and freeze them for desserts etc :)

Also picked apples - all 4 of them :rotfl:
    We suffered badly from late frosts back in the spring, and not much fruit as a result :( The apple, pear and cherry trees are only babies so not a great deal expected, but the quince yield was reduced by about two thirds on last year. Still enough quinces though!

Jacket potatoes tonight, with salad made from HG veg, with bagged lettuce OH brought back from an event he helped with yesterday. Also tuna mayo, made with a small can of tuna, half a tin of sweetcorn and a squeeze of mayo :)

Did a couple of surveys, including a long one for Ipsos that looked as though it was written by someone with only a passing grasp of English, and had tech issues re the responses it was possible to give. So I was unable to give the answers I wanted to, and I assume others would have been similarly affected. If I were the company paying for this poor work, I would be very unhappy, because the results are likely to be of little use :eek: I provided feedback to this effect at the end of the survey!

Still to do:
    Ironing - this may not happen :p
    Check banks
    Water pots that need it in the garden
    Rinse out old shower gel container in lieu of foam bath :cool:
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    kids.......no matter how old they get they are expensive to run!!!!!
    DD gave me a list of the bits left to get for uni, I've bought a couple, have been hunting around for the cheapest prices.
    Considering DD is in catered accommodation, DD has enough food and snacks to open a tuck shop. My mum sent over a load of goodies aswell. DD won't get short on the food front!!
    On a positive note, while I have been hunting around for bits, DD is cooking tea.
    My living room is trashed as DD has started to stack everything in there.
    Still a low spend day as used my bargain hunting skills-really pleased as at one time I wouldn't have done this
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I remember reading once, HappyKittied, to make sure they have coffee and lots of mugs so they can 'host' the other students and make friends quickly. I wish mine had gone to uni, not because I want to get rid of him but for the life experience.

Again I couldn't be bothered to go down for the YS stuff so I cooked myself a cheese and mushroom omelette instead, it must do it more often, it was bloomin' lovely!

I have finally updated DSs CV so hopefully he will be working again soon. I didn't get around to any phone calls but I did clean the bathroom and then had a bath quickly before the cat manages to flick cat litter everywhere again!

I've sent my first three designs to the printer today and took delivery of a large quantity of envelopes and see through bags, I'm still trying to license the font but he hasn't even read my message yet.

My eBay buyer is getting stressy that his parcel may not arrive in time, the thing had been up for weeks before he bought it, he should have bought it sooner, even a day sooner would have made a difference instead of buying late on Saturday night. Another one who ordered even later wants theirs before Monday but at least they are mainland UK so might have half a chance.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • princess_pea
    Options
    Thank you all, of course you are all right! My dentist told me I looked like Nanny McPhee as I have one slightly sticky-out top front tooth. It's really because of him I feel so conscious of it. It's not that bad really. I think I need a new dentist!!
    DFD 7/3/2016
    Mortgage Free January 2048 June 2032
    Long-Term Savings Pot £8750
    DS welcomed 12/2/20 <3
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi gang :wave:

PrincessPea - I love Rome too. Also loved that it was pretty cheap to eat out etc. I got dental treatment at a dental hospital - final year students and it was all supervised etc so nothing can really go wrong. Definitely worth a search. :D OH ended up being someone's final year portfolio because he needed so much work doing! :o:p

I failed in my mission to make OH lunch for work... £6.10 it cost him for lunch! :eek: I was ok as a colleague bought us a pub lunch today. :beer: Took my own brekkie and had a free biccie as it was someone's last day. Ah, office life!

In small things...found out OH can get a 9% discount from M&S so a whole 1% more than my discount. :p

Oooh, we've got a proper coffee machine in the office too today. I will have my morning coffee there and save some nespresso at home ;)

Still not got home insurance. Don't know why I'm finding this difficult!!

Night all - catch up soon!
  • princess_pea
    Options
    We looked up cheap places to eat on trip advisor before we went (amazing meats, cheese, breads, tiramisu, wine!). Also the public museums are free on first Sunday of the month so we got in the Coliseum/ Roman Forum for free. I think the Vatican Museums are free on the last Sunday. Went to free places like the Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, St Peter's. It was just lovely to walk around and people watch! Just have to save up for another visit now &#55357;&#56832;
    DFD 7/3/2016
    Mortgage Free January 2048 June 2032
    Long-Term Savings Pot £8750
    DS welcomed 12/2/20 <3
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :) whoop to it being Friday :dance: 3 lovely days off after 4pm :grin: (sorry to all full timers for my jubilation but what for what I gain in time you gain in money!)

Not much going on today in the world of small things!

* los for lunch from my friend coming round. cucumbers, tomatoes, houmous, bruschetta with fruit and yogurt mmmmmm
    * mil picking up madam saving us £7 after school fees :A
    * tidy up in a minute so mil comes in to a fairly tidy house!
    * I only have 3 hours between visits today and have a lot of work to do. Have to focus on the most important!
    * park for free slightly outside of town and then walk to the various places we have meetings - annoyingly my boss has booked us 3 meetings together today but they are all in different parts of town!
    * ask my boss if I can claim the coffee as expenses. She's invited the team to have a coffee and a catch up but I doubt we can claim it. If we can't I'll go without!
    * hoping for a NSD
    * wash madam's school uniform when she gets home
    * Can't find my meal plan! Need to think and get something out of freezer for oh & madam. Might just do jackets as that's nice and easy :)
    * get cake out of freezer so it defrosts for after school
    * exercise for free by power walking to the various points ;)
    * take some veg to give to a colleague
    * film and time with oh tonight :A

Ok that's all for me I think. Funny ole world isn't it? I have a new colleague who I've spent a couple of days with and really we hit it off. found out yesterday that one of my good friends from uni is one of her best friend's. No wonder we hit it off!

Anyway may the force be with us all!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ooh PP – sounds lovely! We were the same with the free entrances – we went at new year and lots were free over the bank holidays. I was also a total geek in filling up my water bottle at the free fountains :rotfl: BTW, I would put a complaint in about your dentist! How bl00d y rude!

DNMS – Small world! It’s funny when things like that happen. :)

I’m just enjoying my free coffee in work :D

Breakfast today is a banana and out-of-date oatcakes (they’re still crunchy though so all good there. ;))

Lunch is HM noodle pot with a venison sausage I left from last night’s tea. :A

Need to go out at lunch to get porridge.

I’m off to yoga tonight, which is £9 and then also probably £2.20 on the tram home. That’s it, I’ve decided to start up my own classes again to pay for my habit…!

Love y'all lots jellytots!
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all, a late start for me as I've been catching up on some much needed sleep, it's all good though, I had promised myself that today was for 'me' time and that I wouldn't work.

I was planning on doing some gardening but it's wet and miserable out there which also puts the kibosh on photographing stuff.

Lots of the craft bits arrived this morning, I need to think about the best way to store/organise it all.

I'm going to move furniture out of the way ready for the carpenter tomorrow and take a couple of shelves off the wall, I'll hand onto them and reposition once he's done and I know how I'm going to organise the space.

I need to hoover the landing for as long as long as the Hoover will work, I spent a long time brushing the cat in order to get hairs straight from cat to bin without the intermediate carpet stage! Both of mine have long hair, one is fine and silky and easy to pick up, the other is more fuzzy and that stuff sticks to everything!

Lunch today might be an omelette as I enjoyed last night's one so much, or even omelette in a sandwich with ketchup, yummy. Need to buy butter though.

I have everything in for a roast tonight but will need to check whether DS will be home.

I really wish I hadn't booked to work next week as I've loved being off this week :(

Have a good day everyone :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure