New but not new - Year 1 of 5!

Options

Comments

• Betterthanever
    Options
    At that point of the evening he hadn't had that much to drink.... but it is a good job that the auction wasn't any later in the evening Otherwise I'd hate to think what he would have bid for!! It is exciting, in any event and I am very lucky to have him :happyhear
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    So, anyway, back to my very real mfw challenge.... grocery shopping yesterday included a £5 off voucher, cashback for using my Halifax card, and a claim to shopmium for £3.22 so not bad. Got some nice ys buts too which will help the budget for the week go a bit further.

Surveys and clicks are doing ok. I'm certainly on target to reach my self imposed challenge totals.

And still no shoes bought.....
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Whispers.
    I bought boots yesterday.
    Bargain price & much needed.
    Not very exciting.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Those words......"boots" and "bargain".....how can that *not* be exciting, beanie?!?!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Wide fit is boring believe me :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Nah....won't hear such a thing. I have wide for too....and I can still get excited about bargain boots :dance:_party_:dance:
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Another SB payout requested this morning and enough in PA to allow me to withdraw although I shall see if I can wait a while to keep PayPal fees as low as I can. It's all going ok in my "money for nothing" challenge!

Leftover chicken and chick pea thing for lunch....yum!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Excellent! I may have to look at a yougov survey before I stop ...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    I did one on the bus on the way home from work...it takes a bit of patience as the rural mobile network is somewhat hit and miss!

Still it was completed and I'm on target!
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    A bit of cash from an, some from shopmium and my first payout from PA all hit the "money for nothing" account today and a bit of quidco cash has been requested. I'll soon have enough in there to justify me starting to read the matches betting thread again.

Elsewhere, car insurance is due and we've managed to save £75. No cashback on top of that but that's ok....it's a very good premium.

I'm looking forward to payday on Friday....my first since embarking on this new challenge and I can't wait to start moving money to the various pots to get the rewards etc!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure