MSE NEWS: 'I avoided debt thanks to £45,000 in PPI reclaims'

Options
A self-employed IT consultant who was left without work has avoided getting into debt after reclaiming £45,000 in PPI with the help of MoneySavingExpert.com's free PPI reclaim tool....
Read the full story:
''I avoided debt thanks to £45,000 in PPI reclaims''
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm sorry but this is just blatant promotion of Resolver.

"Sarah" would have received a £45, 000 refund if she had simply written complaint letters to the PPI providers. She didn't need a third party E-Mail template in order to do this...
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    A self-employed IT consultant who was left without work has avoided getting into debt

Even taking into account statutory interest, £45,000 in refunds suggests that Sarah had been in a great deal of debt.
    In Sarah's case, though, she managed to reclaim PPI without even knowing for sure that she'd had it – except in one case – and without being sure she'd been mis-sold.

Is MSE advocating people making frivolous claims?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »
    Even taking into account statutory interest, £45,000 in refunds suggests that Sarah had been in a great deal of debt.
    Exactly.

Does Resolver really need to be advertised in this manner? Seriously, how is this "news"?
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    Sooner the deadline arrives so I stop receiving calls everyday the better.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »
    Is MSE advocating people making frivolous claims?

As they say you should include a cheque for £10 for enquiries on closed accounts then maybe they are getting a kickback from the banks?
  • Ll7322
    Ll7322 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I have just found out that I have PPI on an M&S personal reserve account which I had for 37 months from feb 1999.
    Can anyone tell me if they e had a successful payout and if they’re happy tell me what the numbers looked like so I can roughly work out what might be due please?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ll7322 wrote: »
    so I can roughly work out what might be due please?
    A successful complaint (if you have one) will result only in the premiums you actually paid being refunded along with 8% simple interest. As such, how much other people may have received is entirely irrelevant.

The time you held the policy for has little bearing either, since there could be long periods when you didn't actually pay any PPI.

Also note that you are not "due" anything. In order for you to be refunded you must show that the policy was mis-sold to you...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure