Options
    the last one is

ski boots
  • pk04
    pk04 Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ski boots :D

Eta oops should have refreshed the page, I spent ages looking for that one :rotfl:
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,011 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The winning code for the golden ticket was aava whistler. Someone claimed it this morning. So the final vault has had its two winners.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • comper__9
    comper__9 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Apologies to all for slight hijacking of the thread. I did Google and look on Facebook, but I guess I'm still new to this, and, couldn't find anything on the subject.
    Silvercar, I'd be grateful to you, if you could let me know what the golden ticket thing is about, as it's the first time I've ever heard of it
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,011 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    comper__9 wrote: »
    Apologies to all for slight hijacking of the thread. I did Google and look on Facebook, but I guess I'm still new to this, and, couldn't find anything on the subject.
    Silvercar, I'd be grateful to you, if you could let me know what the golden ticket thing is about, as it's the first time I've ever heard of it

If you read the first screen (1/8 Spring is here), it tells you about 2 special prizes - 2 lucky winners win a £500 Virgin Holiday voucher.

Go to the next screen (2/8 get out of here) and you see that it now says that the final golden code has been found. So effectively you can stop reading now.;) )
    Read further down on that screen and it tells you about a golden code to enter. The first one to enter it wins. It was "released" at 9am today, the prize was won this morning.

That is why there is a final vault that requires 50,000 points to enter; finding the golden code first gave you enough points to open it. No one else will be able to open it now.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • CaptainVolvo
    Options
    Any of you guys won anything on the Virgin RED app?
    I've had the freebies i.e. Pappa Johns/Bella Italia but not heard of anyone winning the bigger prizes like this months 40k air miles/points giveaway.

How soon after the end of the month do you find out if you've won?

Cheers
  • Gizasmum
    Gizasmum Posts: 257 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    @ CaptainVolvo I've won a pair of ridiculous looking red sunglasses. They do meet BS standard, but they look like something a child would wear so they're in the dressing up box. I also won chocolates that spelt out the word Virgin. Very nice tasting, but they were quite small and and not enough of them, lol. Not much I know, but better than a poke in the eye...

I think VR should put a tile up every month listing the winners of the major prizes as we never normally hear anything about them. The only time I've seen anything official was when it was the Necker Island gold coins competition.
  • krnries
    krnries Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I won one of the bottles of wine from last month. I got the wem on the 4th April, and received it today :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback