Arrears! Csa

Options

Comments

• Kaggs79
    Options
    This is totally stressful for us, as we could finally see the light and thought great we can now start saving for a deposit for house! As my husband is now 48 and time is running out for a mortgage �� But now looks like we will be delayed for another few years! ��
  • Kaggs79
    Options
    So frustrating too as she has a new partner who has lived with her for last few years... the child in the case stays over at his girlfriends most nights! And he also works and has a good wage! Has brand new car etc! ��
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Kaggs79 wrote: »
    So frustrating too as she has a new partner who has lived with her for last few years... the child in the case stays over at his girlfriends most nights! And he also works and has a good wage! Has brand new car etc! ��

In fairness the child is not the new partners financial responsibility.
    The £4400 (if the arrears are correct) equates to £368 per month for the next 12 months then you are squared up.
  • Kaggs79
    Options
    It is the enforcement team I am dealing with I had a spat in 2007 and missed 2 or 3 payments since the doe order the full arrears were paid and no payments have been missed so I thought on the 4/9 as my son goes to uni this would be finished but as they closed the case they informed my ex first who told me I had arrears first it was £26000 then £4100 then £5900 and final settlement figure of £4400 theee arrears have arised from there last calculation in 2011 when my daughter got a job it went from 302 per month to 226 then my ex asked for a recalculation of my wages though she denies this the new total was then set at £77 per week £334 a month they only took £277 there mistake not mine I never noticed my ex never noticed but apparently this is my fault I should have known I was under paying , this came to light last November there may be arrears and my ex agreed to let them drop but csa telling her £26000 then £5900 has made her see pound signs when she first rang me she demanded that paid £277 all through university for my son she is not letting this drop she wants the money now and csa and pushing me on agreeing a figure and if I don't threatened to maintain the doe order of £277 till it is settled
  • Kaggs79
    Options
    That's true but it just adds to the frustration as we feel he is living off that money too 😡
  • DUTR
    Options
    It is the enforcement team I am dealing with I had a spat in 2007 and missed 2 or 3 payments since the doe order the full arrears were paid and no payments have been missed so I thought on the 4/9 as my son goes to uni this would be finished but as they closed the case they informed my ex first who told me I had arrears first it was £26000 then £4100 then £5900 and final settlement figure of £4400 theee arrears have arised from there last calculation in 2011 when my daughter got a job it went from 302 per month to 226 then my ex asked for a recalculation of my wages though she denies this the new total was then set at £77 per week £334 a month they only took £277 there mistake not mine I never noticed my ex never noticed but apparently this is my fault I should have known I was under paying , this came to light last November there may be arrears and my ex agreed to let them drop but csa telling her £26000 then £5900 has made her see pound signs when she first rang me she demanded that paid £277 all through university for my son she is not letting this drop she wants the money now and csa and pushing me on agreeing a figure and if I don't threatened to maintain the doe order of £277 till it is settled

This should have easily been noticed by both parties, perhaps why it was not highlighted is that the reciever was getting something rather than nothing, in the meantime a £57 per month arrear is accruing, and hence the arrears figure, on the positive point you are already paying so it just means paying a little longer, when mine finished I simply have been saving the amount, so I haven't really noticed any benefit from not paying anymore other than no more brown envelopes through the letterbox.
  • Kaggs79
    Kaggs79 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    That was our plan... to save it towards deposit.... just make that goal 3 years away now again .... and he'll be 24 when payments actually stop! ��
  • DUTR
    edited 3 September 2017 at 2:57PM
    Options
    That was our plan... to save it towards deposit.... just make that goal 3 years away now again .... and he'll be 24 when payments actually stop! ��

On the figures quoted, then £277 returns about £1846 take home per month, I'm semi certain that the monthly outgoings do not come to £1569, so there should be savings already, to be fair CSA is the cheaper option of if he was still with the PWC.

ETA just saying that the CSA payments alone would not advance rapidly enough to get a mortgage.
  • Kaggs79
    Options
    No wouldn't be just saving that.... but it would be saved quicker
  • Kaggs79
    Options
    This is all just so frustrating and none of our fault, it's the csa not doing their job properly!! This should have been deducted each month with the rest of the payment... it's so unfair how they can leave you with all this debt!! Def a formal complaint going in!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure