Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Video Conference Calls

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Techie Stuff
4 replies 540 views
merrydancemerrydance Forumite
653 Posts
Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Techie Stuff
Hi
I was invited to take part in the above. Managed to finally "get in"but then was asked to phone a number, and put in a pin code. Dialled the number from my landline and it said number not recognised. Was I meant to dial it on the keyboard, totally confused,
We haven't got a clue how to do it in this house! Thanks

Replies

• flashg67flashg67 Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    There' different software so yours may be different. The ones I 'attend' usually have a web link for the presentation then a landline number for the audio, dialled from my own phone (home or mobile) -possibl just gave you the wrong number?
  • buglawtonbuglawton Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    The business grade video conference systems will offer a proper 0800 type number in each country and your emailed invite will have a link to these numbers. Others will offer audio through your computer/tablet which may be much higher quality.
  • lammy82lammy82 Forumite
    559 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    If you have a webcam with microphone then normally you would tell it to use the computer's audio/video and then NOT need to separately dial in.
  • AndyPixAndyPix Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, you are supposed to dial the number from a phone to hear the audio
    (im actually on one as im typint this - yes it's riviting)

You view the screen via a browser link.

I suspect that the number you were given wasnt a UK one and you need to dial the correct international number.
    You can type it here and ill tell you
    (there is nothing confidential about the main number, just dont post the connection pin)
This discussion has been closed.