Adt alarms vent

Options
I had a wireless system fitted in June. I also got a camera from them to monitor my dogs. The engineers tested it in my hall and said the broadband was a bit slow so I called BT and got that sorted. Once they left I was surprised to see the camera was wired so when I set it up it only covered a part of my room. Not good unless the dogs stayed still. Their app always says I can move the camera remotely. This does not work and the salesman advised me it's not meant to.I went through Resolver and after 28 days without contact from ADT it was escalated.Seven days later they have given me a deadlock letter without answering any of my questions and the last part of their response( below) says I can't really go anywhere else! If I want an engineer to come out it will cost me £120. I have repeatedly said it is not faulty, just not fit for my purpose. I am now left with a useless camera that I have to pay for plus a monthly charge to monitor what I cannot use. My recommendation is to stay clear of ADT.

I must advise that following multiple reviews, this is ADT’s final decision in relation to this matter. ADT Fire and Security holds NACOSS Gold approval (i.e. certification) from the NSI (National Security Inspectorate). If you are dissatisfied with a decision we have made after all levels of our complaints procedures have been exhausted, you may contact the NSI regarding any concern or issue you have raised. However please note that NSI is a Certification Body and does not act as an ombudsman and does not arbitrate in relation to commercial and contractual matters including any issues that are purely financial.
Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Letter Before Action followed by MCOL claim (significantly not as described, in breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015) for the removal of the system and refund of all monies paid. That's probably your end game.

Was any of this paid for by credit card or finance directly attributed to (i.e. taken out for the express purpose of) the alarm system? If yes then a section 75 claim may be possible.
  • Joyful
    Joyful Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I paid with my Debit card and still owe them. I said I would pay what I owed without the camera but they will not bill me without it. thanks for your advice.
    Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport