IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK Car Park Management (CPM)

Options
I received a Parking Charge Notice in June from this company stating I had overstayed my 2hr duration allowed by 6hrs 5mins and asked to pay £100. This notice I laughed at because there was absolutely no way I had stayed in the said car park for this amount of time. It is a car park close to my home and I use it regularly to go to the gym, maybe pop into the shop or have a coffee at the local cafe. All these things have never taken a total of 8hrs and 58mins. Therefore I ignored it then a formal demand arrived which I again ignored. I have now received a letter from a debt recovery agency demanding £160 or court action. 😐 Do I continue to ignore or do I pay it or do I contact them to dispute the charge even though it is after the 28day appeal date? Hope someone can help a very concerned individual

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Do I continue to ignore or do I pay it or do I contact them to dispute the charge even though it is after the 28day appeal date? Hope someone can help a very concerned individual
    You could do, using the template appeal for an IPC operator from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, just to show you've engaged with them, but it won't make any difference to their thirst for your money.

Provided you can word it without identifying the driver (no me, myself or I) you can tell them that this is the result of what is known as a 'double dip', where only the first entry is recorded and the second exit is recorded. The first exit and second entry are missed. Ask them to check their ANPR records carefully for the day.

If they don't agree and cancel it, then you can ignore anything else they send (or their debt collectors send) other than a LBA/LBC/LBCCC (Google them!) or real court papers. You may need a judge to tell them they have no cause to pursue you.

Do you have proof of being elsewhere in the intervening period between the 2 visits? Many mobile phones can track your travel and whereabouts on any given day - does yours?

These are things you can get working on just in case this gets to a court stage.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,386 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We feel the same as you, and it's why we regulars come back here for free, in our own time every day.

Please also complain to your MP, now is the time to support the Bill going through Parliament:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73050249#post73050249

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/parliament-discuss-unfair-parking.html

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72971855#post72971855

Complain to your MP about this scam, in your case the car was not even parked for 8 hours!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure