Barclaycard PPI

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
3 replies 1.8K views
money_robmoney_rob Forumite
1 Post
Hi.
In the early days of PPI claims, I was talking to Barclaycard about something else and they offered to investigate this for me. I rather stupidly agreed and low and behold, they found in their favour that I had not been mis-sold. Talk of the deadline made me remember this and I wonder if I'm still able to complain about this. It was a Barclaycard that I held for several years and had a few thousand pounds on it at it's peak so I'm sure the PPI payments on there were significant.

Do you know if it's possible for me to still claim bearing in mind they investigated and originally found in their favour? I don't have all the details anymore. I did thing of letting one of these companies dig into this for me as they might be able to unearth more than I can and possible find other cards and policies on which I had PPI.

Grateful for any hints or comments on this.

Replies

• zx81zx81 Forumite
    32.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

And for heaven's sake don't use a company for any PPI complaint, unless you have a lot of time and money on your hands and want to lower your chances of success.
  • societys_childsocietys_child Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or get a nice big bill from the CMC for wasting their time, when they find out the complaint has already been rejected.
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    12.7K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    money_rob wrote: »
    I did thing of letting one of these companies dig into this for me as they might be able to unearth more than I can and possible find other cards and policies on which I had PPI.

Grateful for any hints or comments on this.

They can find details of other cards and policies if you tell them about them.
    They have no special powers to investigate anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals