IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CPM Ticket - I really want to take them to court myself for being total T###S....

Options
tofts
tofts Posts: 24 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 31 August 2017 at 8:43AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Received 2 of these in quick succession whilst WORKING at a site governed by CPM. I read the newbies thread some time ago but decided to do something slightly different thinking that I probably have one of the best cases there can be as I was actually under instruction from one of the shops on the promenande that was being worked on. At the time there are 5 vacant lots, 2 of which were being worked on simultaneously.

I sent the following letter:
(Registered keeper address)

Reference to The parking charges (BLAH) and (BLAH) on vehicle (BLAH).
I am unable to ascertain the exact driver of the vehicle as this vehicle was used by many of the staff on site as a run around vehicle.
On the basis that we were working on site for the dates specified, I reject the parking tickets issued as we were undertaking work on the new restaurant “(RESTAURANT NAME)” which was being refitted for approximately 6 weeks from the first week in June with permission from your Client (the landlord), my employer. We were the main contractors, (COMPANY NAME LTD).
Originally the vehicle was parked outside the restaurant on the main promenade with the other works vehicles, unfortunately, there was on occasion not enough room for all of the vehicles and it had to be put in the parking lot below as there was also renovation works being carried out on the empty lot next door. On speaking with the on site attendant at the time, there was no issue with this and a staff parking permit was issued. Where an attendant was unable to be found a ticket was put on the vehicle but the tickets would not cover the whole time as in some cases we were working 18 hour days, and thus I displayed the promenade pass.
I have attached a photo of the promenade pass as used on our vehicles, but will retain said pass for my own reference if needed later. It was dated to cover all of the works periods to enable us not to bother the onsite staff every day.
I trust this should resolve the matter fully but I shall be glad to help if it has not,
With thanks

(MY NAME)

I didn't hear from them for a time, and they have sent a generic letter saying it was outside of the 28 days, and now will only engage with the IAS non-standard resolution scheme (what a joke, another money making exercise as I looked and can clearly use the normal scheme, money grabbing f*****s), and has been passed to debt recoverey (received this letter while they were processing mine, which I iugnored of course) but they have only mentioned 1 of the charges not the 2.

QUESTION 1: Will they send a separate letter for each charge?

QUESTION 2: I was going to send a letter outlining that the letter was sent within the time frame specified for both charges and considred served on my part, and that they appear to have missed the point that I was on site with my staff with permission, and that they have no leg to stand on. I didn't know whether to mention the second charge, no experience so wanted to check before I lay into them. Regardless, My letter was going to further suggest that despite sending a picture of the pass, they wish to waste more of my time and that they should set me a court date right here and now to settle this as I will be adding nominal fees generating these wasted letters (is that possible?) and I will claim for loss of earnings for time in court and stress caused by the harrasment etc.

I am angry. Unless I fail to turn up at court, there is almost no way I could loose this. I just want to nail the b*******s to the wall for this.

QUESTION 3: Do I take another stance?

Your thoughts

Comments

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    whatever you do not send that.

first question, who told you to park there ?
    Site governed by cpm?? In most cases, or not cpm are no more than contractors working for and on behalf of the landowner as agents of the landowner.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • tofts
    tofts Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Damn, seemed like a great idea. Must ask why? General bad Idea or just looks stupid on my part?

There is an onsite management office, which is actually mentioned on the promenade pass. They walk around site to monitor it and it was they who asked me to move downstairs when there was not enough room, nice guys and not CPM parking attendants. I asked them about the tickets but said they were no longer allowed to cancel them.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    UKCPM must be contracted by someone - the landowner? They can cancel these, the 'top' Management can anyway. Ask the onsite Management Office who to write a complaint to.

Don't fire off a letter until you have shown us the draft, it needs to read assertively as if you are a company who knows the legalities and knows about this small claim case (albeit not a precedent):

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/excel-parking-services-v-drain-trace-ltd.html
    I am unable to ascertain the exact driver of the vehicle as this vehicle was used by many of the staff on site as a run around vehicle.
    Good, keep it that way. You might want to ring up Drain Trace Ltd (bet they are easy to find, you even have the town/area they work in mentioned in that blog) and ask for copies of the letters and defence they used over the 2 years they were being similarly harassed by Excel Parking.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We feel the same as you, and it's why we regulars come back here for free, in our own time every day.

Please also complain to your MP, now is the time to support the Bill going through Parliament:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73050249#post73050249

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/parliament-discuss-unfair-parking.html

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72971855#post72971855
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure