Book Online or In Branch? (Very) Last minute holiday!

Options
Hi all,

Hoping you may be able to help :)
After a lot of scrimping and saving I have managed to save up for a holiday and my partner and I would like to go away.

Looking at spending approx £300 per person, ideally less!
We would like to go in September, no fixed dates and both of our employers have given us the OK to give immediate notice of the holiday so in theory we could leave the very next day.
Don't mind where we go, as long as it is all inclusive :beer:
Looking to go for around a week or so - can fly from anywhere and at any time

Would it be best to look online for a deal such as this, or would it be better to pop into a local Travel Agents?

Any advice appreciated, and also any recommendations on where to go would be great too :)

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 August 2017 at 11:34AM
    Options
    Have a look at the late deal pages of Airtours First Choice Monarch Thomas Cook Thomson Jet2 holidays also holiday hypermarket.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • peterkay369
    Options
    Thanks Richard, have been checking Holiday Hypermarket almost every hour but doesn't seem to be anything coming up within my price range for AI. We could stretch the budget a bit more if needed but I was expecting it to be a fair bit less :( particularly was we only paid £200pp for Spain a couple of years ago to go in June
  • richardw
    Options
    Look for half/full board for £230, then you've got £70 to top up to AI.
  • peterkay369
    Options
    Can that be done? Not sure how that works?
  • richardw
    Options
    The £70 is your extra spending money.
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    A sub £300 all inclusive is going to be pretty ropey. If you do find a hotel that appeals, check the reviews on TripAdvisor before booking.

Booking the cheapest option can end up being poor value if you end up having to eat out because the food is so bad.
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can that be done? Not sure how that works?

Seriously?
  • peterkay369
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    The £70 is your extra spending money.

Thanks, although £70 probably won't go too far.
    IAmWales wrote: »
    A sub £300 all inclusive is going to be pretty ropey. If you do find a hotel that appeals, check the reviews on TripAdvisor before booking.

Booking the cheapest option can end up being poor value if you end up having to eat out because the food is so bad.

Not expecting much if I'm honest, just a week in the sun away from here and unlimited drinks :) we got a good deal for our Spain holiday a couple of years ago, booked via icelolly but just looking at other options before we ring all the companies on there.
    z1a wrote: »
    Seriously?

Yes, seriously. Some travel agents offer upgrades such as premium seats on flights, so I wasn't sure if richardw was referring to an upgrade not advertised elsewhere as a way to cheat the system, or use the £70 on food/drink separately.

Unless that is too hard for you to understand and the only communication you are able to fathom is sarcastic comments, instead of actually having a valuable input into a thread where a genuine question was asked. :money:
  • melb
    melb Posts: 2,873 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have a look on Skyscanner for flights and then see if you can book an AI hotel separately? If you decide what airport you want to fly to in Spain people on here may be able to suggest a good hotel in the area. Which are your preferred airports in UK?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure