Dirty hotel

Options
I'm rapidly reaching my wits end here. I am in the process of moving house and have been in a hotel since 21st August and am booked in and paid till 3rd September.
Every night apart from one, I have come back to a dirty room, unmade bed, the shared bathroom had weeks of grime in the bath and the breakfast isn't up to much either.
I'm finding it very upsetting. I've complained every night, and it's cleaned then, but I'm coming back tired as I've started work and all I want to do is chill out. There is nowhere else to stay round here as it's BH weekend, but I'm dreading come back each evening.:( I'm keeping a diary and pictures. I shall be asking for compensation, but I'd really like to leave.

Comments

• missile
    missile Posts: 11,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 August 2017 at 3:36AM
    Options
    I a, surprised you have stayed and it is a shame you paid in advance, much harder to get money back.

Name and shame, post a review on TripAdvisor.

I left after one night in a shockingly bad hotel. They didn't care when I complained, but a bad review got their attention. Made me feel better and hopefully warned others.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    How much are you paying?
  • Laz123
    Laz123 Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And is it a B&B and not a hotel and how many stars?
  • Auntie-Dolly
    Auntie-Dolly Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    Options
    Who do you think will give you compensation? You need to complain now or ask for a refund and move somewhere else.
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is this a hostel, are you in a shared room? If not, I fail to see how it would become "dirty" so quickly. What are you doing in there?!

If you're worrying about the bed not being made then make it before you go out. Yes, they should be doing it but if it's stressing you out so much do it yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure