Novice Investor seeking advice

Options
13»

Comments

• bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Though of course none of the research has any experience of long periods of near zero interest rates, quantitative easing etc and certainly not the unwinding of said conditions.
  • Bravepants
    Bravepants Posts: 1,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Indeed, those could be interesting times. Hence perhaps people should stop transferring their DB schemes to their SIPPs!
    If you want to be rich, live like you're poor; if you want to be poor, live like you're rich.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,961 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Bravepants wrote: »
    Indeed, those could be interesting times. Hence perhaps people should stop transferring their DB schemes to their SIPPs!

Well, they're not offering them those all-time high CETVs because DB trustees have been overcome by the spirit of generosity.
  • sofa_searcher
    Options
    I've been reading a few articles and one of the worries people are citing is EU growth only being propped up by ECB's QE. The question is what happens when it stops or will it ever stop? The UK is also in the same position but I don't believe the level of QE is of the same scale as that of EU.

Any thoughts on this?
  • bostonerimus
    Options
    I've been reading a few articles and one of the worries people are citing is EU growth only being propped up by ECB's QE. The question is what happens when it stops or will it ever stop? The UK is also in the same position but I don't believe the level of QE is of the same scale as that of EU.

Any thoughts on this?

Stop reading articles. Stick to your VLS100 choice for a few years and see how things go. If you lose 20% "DON'T PANIC", you are young and have plenty of time to recover. As you get a bit older think about adding some fixed income
    “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure