Vanquis PPI

Options
Hello
I took out a Vanquis card back in 2007 until this month when i closed it. I have no original paperwork as i had online statements i cant access now as account is closed. I maxed out a good few times, my limit was 2500, over the years paid off, maxed out again ect. Ive no idea if i had PPI, i originally got the card to boost my credit rating, do you think it is worth pursuing a claim ? anyone had any success with Vanquis ppi? also any advice where to start as ive no idea how to do it. TIA

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Vanquis don't sell PPI, only ROP.
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    The ROP would have been listed separately on your online statement. Presumably if it was on there and shouldn't been you'd have queried it at the time?
  • Katy1963
    Options
    What is ROP? at the time i was desperate to get any card i rarely checked a statement
  • societys_child
    Options
    "Return of premium (ROP) is a type of life insurance policy that returns the premiums paid for coverage if the insured party survives the policy's term, or includes a portion of the premiums paid to the beneficiary upon the death of the insured."

It's not PPI.
  • Katy1963
    Options
    So basically no claim here then?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 25 August 2017 at 8:22PM
    Options
    You can't claim on a policy no longer in force.

And you can't complain about PPI if you didn't have PPI.
  • Katy1963
    Options
    can i claim ppi on other companys if no longer in force
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No. But you can complain if you believe it was mid sold.
  • Jd23845
    Jd23845 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I made a claim with Vanquis for PPI and got back just under £800.

I didn't have any paperwork and this was from 2006. I didn't even know if I definitely had it.

I filled out a complaint on that resolver site with very little information. I then received a letter from Vanquis to say they were looking into it, a few weeks later I received a letter advising they would be refunding me.
  • bladerunna1
    Options
    In view that the FCA are investigating Vanquis ROP as per MSS news of 27th August 2017 can we make a claim. This is probably worse than any PPI claim as they charged you a fee on every £100 balance you had on your card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure