IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge Notice from VCS - have Parking Ticket

Options
13»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,163 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well caught, Edna Basher - I was surprised that it looked compliant when I read it...I agree, it is NOT. I blame the fact I've been v busy this week!

:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • chrishgt4
    Options
    In my view, VCS has not complied with POFA. The "date given" and "issue date" are not the same thing.

Applying the same logic that the DVLA has applied to "Notices to Driver", VCS have no right to call their PCN a "Notice to Keeper".

Even better! Thanks Edna!

Do you think this is something that if I brought to their attention would stop them from pursuing this through the courts?

I've got 2 concerns running through this - 1 not paying the thieving ***s
    2 - not causing my friend hassle. and 2 is most important.

If they are still potentially going to pursue, I still think it's time to out myself as driver to save hassle for my friend having to defend.

Also, in the letter detailed above I was considering inserting the 'fluttering ticket' defense points. (it was dark, ticket turned over, it's not sticky, not fit for purpose - frustrated contract and that it was displayed clearly as instructed but nowhere does it specify which side of the ticket should be displayed - and that in any case it would be fair to assume that as there is a unique reference number on the rear, that displaying that would be acceptable) just to try and get them to back off.

Any point? good idea/bad idea you think?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,163 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you think this is something that if I brought to their attention would stop them from pursuing this through the courts?
    Nope.
    If they are still potentially going to pursue, I still think it's time to out myself as driver to save hassle for my friend having to defend.
    OK, yes, we would say they are likely to pursue it.
    Also, in the letter detailed above I was considering inserting the 'fluttering ticket' defense points. (it was dark, ticket turned over, it's not sticky, not fit for purpose - frustrated contract and that it was displayed clearly as instructed but nowhere does it specify which side of the ticket should be displayed - and that in any case it would be fair to assume that as there is a unique reference number on the rear, that displaying that would be acceptable) just to try and get them to back off.

Any point? good idea/bad idea you think?
    Yes, it shows good faith to set out the facts you as driver, will rely upon in a defence.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 September 2017 at 1:32PM
    Options
    Thanks for all the help here guys.

A small update is that I got a reply back from the business owner saying they don't get involved but that he would see what he can do in this instance.

Also fired off a letter to VCS same as the latest one above but also outing me as driver and going on to detail the arguments I have with the ticket so will see how this goes.
  • chrishgt4
    Options
    Quick update on this - 8 days on and I've just got a follow-up email from one of the main guys at Sheffield Arena saying that he believes it should be sorted out.

Just waiting on confirmation from VCS themselves but it seems a complaint to landowner has worked this time.

Thanks for everyone's help
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    chrishgt4 I assume from there being no posts on your thread that you got confirmation from VCS about cancellation?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure