Read our cookies policy.
iammumtoone wrote: »
I was told that unlike modern systems my does not have individual circuit breakers?That is your fuseboard, nothing to do with sockets, it means you don't have individual trip switches on your fueboard for different elements of your domestic electrics.
Instead of banning these covers I think they should should set up a safety standard they need to comply to.Because of how they work that isn't an option really. Anything that is capable of being inserted incorrectly depressing the safety cut off in the top pin hole is unsafe. They ae also completely unnecessary to begin with..
anotheruser wrote: »
So perhaps this thread should be unstickied as suggesting something is dangerous, when there's no evidence, at best misplace trust in a website that prides itself on telling the truth and builds trust.
DavidDavidson wrote: »
switching to a 120v system would make things much safer as the sine wave created by our AC current at 240v is almost perfect for stopping a heart, the 120v system uses a different voltage and the hz of the system is different too. What would be a fatal shock here would (usually) be a very uncomfortable zap there.
Will_Eye_Arm wrote: »
I just put a load of these about our new house.
Are they really that bad? These are the ones I bought:
The website looks terrible and I'm not sure if this is a hoax.
I've never heard of anyone putting a cover in upside down?
Can't tell if this is a prank website?
Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support