PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 18th August 2017

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,642 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Windy and cloudy here today, don't think I will put any washing out as we are forecasted to have showers but tomorrow is supposedly going to be fine all day. Will strip the bed though and have a good hoover through.
    Happy Birthday TiredMum and happy holidays to Jackie and a Redruby.
    Fingers crossed for better news on your OH Csarina.
    Enjoy the wedding Camelot.
    How gratifying to hear that about Scampi TRU, you should be proud of all your hard work :)

Have a great day folks x
  • butterfly2507
    Options
    Good morning everyone, hugs to those who need / want it. :T

I slept terribly last night and when I got up this morning I felt really dizzy. Like I couldn't even walk straight. Could have something to do with my ears or maybe with the fact that I didn't sleep long.

The weather here is ... RAIN, RAIN and more RAIN. Apparently it starts to clear up at 9 PM :D :rotfl: So I won't be doing much today. I might check on our apples to see if any are good but that's it.

Dad will have a knee surgery on Monday and he will get the call today as to when he has to be there. Crossing fingers that everything will work out fine.

Hope everyone has a good day x
    books read 2020: 29 / 100
    Weight loss journey: 1,5 KG / 9 KG

english is not my first language, sorry for any misspellings :o
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Thankfully a better night, I phoned the Dr yesterday and she said to take him off the heavy duty painkillers and replace them with a smallish dose of codeine which I duly did.

He slept on and off for most of yesterday, I had a nap after lunch but was woken by a chap from the council coming to look at a crack in the brick work under the toilet window. A better night last night with just a couple of times I roused, no toilet break needed.

He woke this morning with no headache but the tiredness has returned so he is back in bed. hopefully it will have worked its way out of his system tomorrow, if not it will be the Drs again on Monday.

Nice morning, sunshine and showers forecast so have laundry in the machine. I will have to change the bed this weekend, OH has spent so much time in it, it has not had it usual airing.

I was so tired last night I raided the Wiltshire Farm Foods in the freezer, we tried two more of the meals, cottage pie for OH and pork and leek sausage for me. Both were acceptable, I will have to order replacements
    next week.

Need to do the friday clean.....sitting room looks like a bomb has hit it for some reason, its not been done properly for 3 weeks. Kitchen floor also needs a swift attack with the mop. I do miss having the hand held Dyson in the kitchen, I am going to have to see if I can keep it somewhere handy.

Jackie I hope you have a fabulous holiday in IOW. Happy birthday tired Mum. To everyone else hope your weekend goes to plan. I am off for another coffee before I start on the sitting room.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Took my medication late yesterday and I can feel the effects of it today.

Busy day ahead. I've got Little Miss for the day and I've got my usual Friday chores.

Had a letter informing us out broadband is going up so I want to see if I can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Food shopping tonight hopefully which leaves the rest of the weekend free.

Redruby a good hairdresser is hard to find. I found one, I miss her greatly but I don't miss the cost.

Tiredmum happy birthday to you. I hope you have a great day. _party__

Onwards and forwards,

Have a great day all.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,885 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,
    Happy Birthday tired mum x
    Happy holidays Jackie and RR x
    I went for a pub lunch with mum, DSis, nephew and my DD and DS2 yesterday, then on to herne bay for mini golf and an ice cream. Half way there we realised we had left nephew (9) in the pub! Both DSis and I though he was in each other's cars. I suddenly had a panic and flashed her to pull over. He was fine and the bar staff looked after him for the 30 mins we were gone!
    Dinner last night was scampi and fries from the freezer as didn't get home until 7pm. Tonight we are having basa fish fillets in parcels with veg from the freezer.
    i have a load of washing on to be pegged out later. DS2 needs a new school blazer so I'm off to dartford to the uniform shop. Will also do a tip run with the garden waste. Living the dream!
    Hugs to all the poorlies and enjoy the wedding Camelot, sounds fab!
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Coxy 11 - your nephew will remind you all of that incident for years to come!
    My girls and my niece and nephew all have their own stories about my mum - which begin 'granny, do you remember when you....'

Feel really unsettled this morning...it was really disturbing seeing the terror attack in Barcelona, when DD and I were just there a few weeks ago. It's impossible to understand these people. And then Cambrils this morning. We were there a few years ago and it was just a sleepy little town with lots of boats.....makes you think, these attacks can happen anywhere.

I've just phoned the dentist as new top denture is quite painful. Asked for his nurse to ring me back...might be a case of just waiting to see if it settles over the weekend as my gum is very swollen from having the two teeth out. I need to go into town to collect a prescription but want to wait in case I have to go to see dentist.
    I also need to get some shopping at some point today. Just some fresh bits really as I'm trying to eat some of the contents of the freezers.

Other than that, not a lot really...will hopefully get to sit outside with my book later; though at the minute it's quite windy.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Washing is outside and dw has been loaded. Had a lot of packages delivered so need to get the cardboard in the recycling. Have found a local skip company which recycles for charity so thinking about contacting them to remove things like paint cans, boards of wood and carpet offcuts which are getting me down.

Have a lovely holiday JackieO and RedRuby.

Happy Birthday tired mum :bdaycake:

Having a CBA day so will take things slowly and just do some tidying and a quick hoover with the handheld one which is nice and light to carry.

Going to get some beef from the freezer and make a stew for tonight and maybe read a book in the garden and relax a bit.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Coxy if memory serves, David and Samantha Cameron left their daughter in the pub once.:D

Cookie spent a calm and peaceful night - after she got up on the bed to sleep with us, having started out on her beanbag! To be fair, she does sleep on her owner's bed at home; so as she wasn't fidgeting at all, we let her stay. She had a lovely walk in the park this morning, we met a couple of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels I've known since they were puppies, so we had a nice, calm controlled meeting; she seems to be settling in just fine. It's always a little nerve-wracking with a new dog, you don't know how they'll be away from their own humans. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • butterfly2507
    Options
    Just got the call. My dad has to be at the hospital at 6AM! :eek: First time getting up at 5 in AGES but I can do it (at least I hope). Also that means I have more time to do other things like the laundry, cleaning and walking the dog on a very long walk :rotfl:
    books read 2020: 29 / 100
    Weight loss journey: 1,5 KG / 9 KG

english is not my first language, sorry for any misspellings :o
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had a mouse (a late mouse, yes I know it is cruel, but so is being made ill by mousey contamination) this morning, and have just seen a mouse friend in the hall and another in the kitchen. I'm cooling a batch of scones andthe kitchen one must be able to smell them, it keeps popping out and then hiding if I move. I need to go upstairs to change our bedlinen but can't until I've put the scones in a tin, they are still warm.
    In other news, thunderstorm.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family