TV sound squeak?

Options
I've had my large Samsung TV for nearly 3 years. At mid volume, I sometimes hear a squeak, not all the time, it's intermittent. Is it worthwhile repairing or wait til it dies? Was bought from Argos? By the way, I think they sent me the wrong one...was either a newer model or slightly larger, I didn't complain. Doesn't make much difference as it's over a year old

Comments

• flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 4,001 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Most TVs don't seem worth repairing nowadays! A cheap soundbar from ebay / Facebook marketplace?
  • catoutthebag
    catoutthebag Posts: 2,216 Forumite
    Options
    flashg67 wrote: »
    Most TVs don't seem worth repairing nowadays! A cheap soundbar from ebay / Facebook marketplace?

I don't really do bars etc, just like standalone tv. If it's not worth sorting, I can live with it a bit longer as I don't watch TV huge amounts. Just annoying to happen under 3 years🤷🏽!♂️
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Interesting .
    The only thing to bear in mind , is that it is very rare that anybody bothers with the standard speakers fitted into the tv .
    It seems that the manufacturers don't put much effort into those because of the flat screen , and because of the huge market for soundbars .
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Do you still get the squeak through headphones?
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • catoutthebag
    Options
    Interesting .
    The only thing to bear in mind , is that it is very rare that anybody bothers with the standard speakers fitted into the tv .
    It seems that the manufacturers don't put much effort into those because of the flat screen , and because of the huge market for soundbars .

Always worked fine with me. I think accessories around a tv look like ugly clutter. I don't watch TV much and the built in sound is great
  • catoutthebag
    Options
    RumRat wrote: »
    Do you still get the squeak through headphones?

Haven't tried it, will do later if you need the info?
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Haven't tried it, will do later if you need the info?

Well it would help to determine if it's actually the speakers that are causing it or not.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have one of these:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-HW-J250-soundbar-speakers-Wireless/dp/B00VV7NRR4/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1502990887&sr=8-9&keywords=Soundbars

And am very pleased with it. Connections by Bluetooth wireless or digital Optical, which I use with my Sony Bravia 40" TV. Optical is better, but an optical (TOSlink) cable is needed. 2x USB ports and there is a wall mounting kit supplied in the box. Just a soundbar, no woofer or other speakers. If you get and fit one, you will be pleasantly surprised by the better sound.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    it is very rare that anybody bothers with the standard speakers fitted into the tv .
    I don't know anyone who uses a soundbar.
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't know anyone who uses a soundbar.

3 people here who obviously use them, one besides you who does not. Millions are sold every year, the odds are that many of your neighbours have them.

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it...
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family