Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Procrastination on my part ;) Am avoiding some work as I need to be in the right mood for it.

Check out meetup as well. Sometimes there are interesting things on there.

Don't try to do too many new things at once - as with the kids you don't want to overwhelm yourself, but try to build one new habit and see where it takes you.
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 October 2017 at 10:51PM
    Options
    We'll have achieved my first day of habit forming Snd have unloaded the dishwasher as soon as it had finished. Spent all afternoon cleaning for want of something else to do, so downstairs looks really nice. Upstairs however looks like a bomb had hit it, although have done one load of washing and put yesterday's washing away.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Hope you're okay Missy you sound really fed up these last few days x
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Work all day today so won't be much to report.
    Thanks Hidden, I'm ok, just feeling a bit Bleugh and tired at the moment. The weather doesn't help.
  • missymoo81
    Options
    And actually spent £5.82 yesterday in shopping not £5.65. I got milk , bread, cheese and bananas. Should have got more but just couldn't be bothered and was in Tesco not aldi, I'll go later in the week if we need anything.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    What brilliant ideas from Greenbee :).

I finished that going for a walk (and walking as fast as I physically can) is great for stress, low mood, loneliness and helped me lose two stone too :T. Even if you dont speak to anyone you see people. In a park or the country is best as nature refreshes the soul.

I also work from home which can be lonely, although DH is with me all the time which helps.

Hope you feel more cheerful soon missy :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Morning Missy

Do you like reading magazines or listening to audio books? My local library gives access to over 100 magazines plus hundreds of audio and e-books. I know it doesn't answer the loneliness question but I find it gives me some company, especiallyduring the night.

Take care, have a good day
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you enjoy work today! Try to find the time for a coffee and a chat with your colleagues as it's good for you to have a break occasionally.
  • LavenderBee
    Options
    Hi Missy

I've been reading and keeping schtum, but cheering you on silently.

If you don't mind me prying, are you a forces family by any chance? I ask as I am, and I recognise some of your general-fed-up-ness and feeling like you might be lonely. DH goes away for months too, and we live apart during the week so even at the best of times, I get a lot of time to myself. Just to echo some of Greenbee's wonderful suggestions, I distract myself a lot with home work (not as in practicing maths, but working on furniture, decoration, changing layouts, cleaning). DH gets home after months away and doesn't recognise the place :) I work and commute a lot, but I also volunteer and have a sports team. The latter keep me sane more than they'll ever know!

LB x
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Hey lovely, no not a forces family, I was in the forces, and you're right it is very similar but my husband is an offshore worker on a boat. On adhoc duties which means he gets no notice of going away and isn't on a regular job so there's no continuity, he can be away for 5 weeks but only home for 2 etc.

I've been thinking about all of get lovely advice, and I think I'm going to join the library and get back into reading, and im going to join some fitness/exercise classes to meet some new people. It's something I enjoy so shouldn't be too difficult to make myself go. Undecided re work hours and volunteering at the school. That needs s bit more thought I think.

Basically I need to make myself do things instead of getting scared of meeting new people and talking myself out of it and then just doing and getting upset and lonely.

Work was ok today. Just had tea and small ones are watching tv. Need to do a workout in a minute.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure