MSE News: Almost 1,000 official complaints lodged about Government childcare website

Almost 1,000 official complaints have been made about the Government's Childcare Service website in just three months...
Read the full story:
'Almost 1,000 official complaints lodged about Government childcare website '
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• quaveriw
    quaveriw Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've got the code to say that we're entitled to 30 hours and have spoken with HMRC, but for some reason my local council is unable to validate my code, all details give are correct, hence call to HMRC. Apparently I'm not the only parent affected at the nursery.

A little frustrated as I've done everything that I needed to.

Also on maternity leave, and have been told and read that this has no bearing.
  • ViolaLass
    ViolaLass Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    edited 5 August 2017 at 12:15AM
    I struggled with the system for weeks then got my MP involved. Problem sorted within two days, which suggests it's not as straight forward as 'the system is broken'.
  • JstarJ
    JstarJ Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No idea if it was my name appearing in this article but got a call from them Friday asking for my bank account details so they can pay my missed top ups. I asked wouldn't it be better to pay into my tax free childcare account but the guy said it was way too messed up to be able to do that! However, no money so far in my account...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure