Kantar - Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Comments

• Response Service and bulk mailed items are disappearing

Dear XXXX

After many years Royal Mail no longer wishes to measure Response Service (RS) and bulk mailed items as part of the main survey and is exploring other means of doing so.

What this means for you

You will not need to change anything you do. You will notice that no new RS items will be allocated to you in the next weeks and bulk mailed items such as magazines will stop gradually over the next two to three months. In the meantime, please carry on sending any RS items you have and recording bulk items in the usual way.

We know that many of our panellists enjoy some of the magazines that you have received as survey items and we are sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

Thank you for your continued help – it is important to us and we appreciate it!

Best Regards,

The Kantar TNS Postal Panels Team

6 More London Riverside, London, United Kingdom SE1 2QY
    Unsubscribe Forward
  • dobbiesloan
    dobbiesloan Posts: 2,211 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Did anyone else get the email today about the change to the survey?

yes:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
    GONE ENGLAND
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I haven't seen the e-mail yet - but now I know why I haven't got any non-R-number items listed for my current cycle (started July). The one time it was actually a magazine I wanted to get - it was messed up and I only ever had 3 issues arrive in 6 months :(
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I only ever got Nursing magazines so won't be unhappy that they're going!

Have finished my latest stint on the panel now. One of my last items to post was a cube which I had to walk past the address to get to the Post Office. Lady at the PO counter looked at me strangely when she noticed and I quickly had to make up a story about needing proof of postage! :D
  • Hi all I've just been invited to rejoin the panel after 3 years. Received the training pack but the SMARTs labelled AEDB are missing. I understand these are training items but are these meant to be in the posting pack or sent separately? Thank you!
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi all I've just been invited to rejoin the panel after 3 years. Received the training pack but the SMARTs labelled AEDB are missing. I understand these are training items but are these meant to be in the posting pack or sent separately? Thank you!

they get sent separately
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • MacyD
    MacyD Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Are they going to completely stop the survey? I wasn't to sure what they meant with the email

Thanks
  • trix-a-belle
    trix-a-belle Posts: 1,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    MacyD wrote: »
    Are they going to completely stop the survey? I wasn't to sure what they meant with the email

Thanks

No just the non r number stuff (as in the magazine's and catalogues) and mail sorted items which go through large posting houses ie direct from printing works stuff, imo & interpretation
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • cherie1122
    cherie1122 Posts: 489 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got invited back on the panel and then they wrote and said I wasn't needed. I wondered if they're going to stop checking the mail?

I'd just done 3 weeks training this time and the test smarts were not being sent out in time. I still have an item that didn't get posted because of the lack of test smarts. It's got over £3 in stamps on it. I don't think there is much point in sending it anywhere

I've had a few years on the panel and have enjoyed it.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Well...I was oversubsribed and dropped a few months back and today my first pack on the live panel arrived...no pre warning via email but it looks like I'm suddenly straight back in on live.

9 items next week to post including 2 cubes so it's a baptism of fire for me!

I had star wars presentation stamps bringing my totals over the years of presentation packs to 16.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport