Forum Home» Freebies (no spend required)

Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel - Page 348

New Post Advanced Search

Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Freebies (no spend required)
3.6K replies 455.1K views

Replies

• edited 15 July at 2:21PM
    moleratmolerat Forumite
    23.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 July at 2:21PM
    I would always go for the easiest option which would have been send the DVD box.  Life is too short, and you don't get paid enough, to mess around trying to sort their foul ups. I have posted a stamped cube from my pack which should been APL, not even a query from them.
    Just send the RFID back, no point wasting your time.
  • LittleVoiceLittleVoice Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've reported incorrect things in the past.
    For example (1) that the address used had been incorrect (but the postal service got it to me) and (2) the last posting time at a post office was either not displayed or was not as recorded by their system.

They never chased up on (1) and for (2) - because I followed up with an online message as it was happening week after week - it's a case of the post office has some leeway in way time they display.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    A job I usually enjoy is turning into a nightmare for me. I was requested to post a cube and use an APL.  However they sent the incorrect material and what was  received was a stamped DVD box.  I emailed them and they advised they will send the correct packaging to me. Nothing received. I keep getting system messages because the item still has not been posted. Again I send another online message only to receive another systems message chasing up this item.

Just received my post today and the sender of an item did not affix the sticker with the R no. Obviously this item cannot be data entered so another online message to TNS for them to deal.  
    Just tried to ring but the person the other end cannot hear me. Tried two different mobiles and the landline phone. 

All sounds like a whole lot of hassle for the stamps sadly.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • edited 15 July at 6:27PM
    gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    4.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 July at 6:27PM
    I've just looked at the "Your Contribution" page and TNS have updated the postal performance figures since I last looked.
    Obviously, I knew there were Covid delays but even then I'm surprised at the figures they are reporting for 1st class mail in my area and nationally. :#
    8.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quarter's figure was 75.3% local to me but if they withdrew Saturday deliveries and then seemed to deliver alternate days at one point I'm not surprised.
  • gt94sss2gt94sss2 Forumite
    4.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My local deliveries were considerably lower by around 15%. I would have assumed  they wouldn't countt the withdrawn Saturday deliveries in the stats
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    23.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    molerat said:
    I would always go for the easiest option which would have been send the DVD box.  Life is too short, and you don't get paid enough, to mess around trying to sort their foul ups. I have posted a stamped cube from my pack which should been APL, not even a query from them.
    Just send the RFID back, no point wasting your time.
    That's what their guidance says. They don't ask for it to be reported any more. 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • CRISPIANNE3CRISPIANNE3 Forumite
    660 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭
    A job I usually enjoy is turning into a nightmare for me. I was requested to post a cube and use an APL.  However they sent the incorrect material and what was  received was a stamped DVD box.  I emailed them and they advised they will send the correct packaging to me. Nothing received. I keep getting system messages because the item still has not been posted. Again I send another online message only to receive another systems message chasing up this item.

Just received my post today and the sender of an item did not affix the sticker with the R no. Obviously this item cannot be data entered so another online message to TNS for them to deal.  
    Just tried to ring but the person the other end cannot hear me. Tried two different mobiles and the landline phone. 

Many thanks to everyone for their input. Just received another system message this am chasing up this item. I'm just going to post the incorrect item today just to get rid of it. However I am sorry for the receiver of the item because the printed information will have no bearing on the actual item.  
    8.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭

Many thanks to everyone for their input. Just received another system message this am chasing up this item. I'm just going to post the incorrect item today just to get rid of it. However I am sorry for the receiver of the item because the printed information will have no bearing on the actual item.  

Maybe they'll then issue a "query" to seek your confirmation of what was received.
    Maybe they won't.
  • HomingPigeonHomingPigeon Forumite
    125 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I'm taking part in the Correctly Delivered survey and my last day is this coming Saturday. However I am going away first thing Saturday morning and not returning until Monday of next week, therefore I won't be able to enter Saturday's post until I get home on Monday. Would this be acceptable, or do I need to inform TNS of my problem?

TIA for any replies.